Diagnosis
5/2011
Country
US
State
ct
City
danbury
Going to be a Challenging couple days coming up.. Tonight is the Honor society awards Mass for my daughter.. each student will be giving a rose to their Mother.. so once again a sad reminder that Liz is gone for all of us. Obviously I'll be standing in as The Mom. It's way to early for My G/F to be part of this. But my daughter did take the time to explain to her why she wasn't ready to do something like that right now.. Then tomorrow night is High School graduation. Another moment Liz will be missed. And after the actions of her family they will not be involved in the ceremony. I'm so proud my little one has remained so strong and focused and was able to do so well in the Prep school she has attended. Need to get these days past us with smiles as the 1 year anniversary of Lizzy's passing is quickly approaching. I'm gonna do my best to stay strong and paint a Big Smile on my face. Boy this sure isn't how we all had planned life to go. Flashbacks returning again of our last days together in the hospital and everything I promised Liz I would continue to do.. wish us all luck.

I hope you all get through these events not just with a painted smile, but with some real pride.

That first anniversary of the passing is tough. Yep flashbacks and so much more, but often the lead up is worse than the actual day. Just go through each bit of it, don't try to fight it, we have to grieve no matter how often it seems too much xx

Your daughter is lucky to have such a strong father. Tough times sometimes require painted on smiles.

What a wonderful accomplishment for your daughter.

Liz will be watching and smiling, proud of you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back