Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
IN
City
La Porte
I'm recieving accupuncture at the National University of Health Sciences in Lombard IL. Many MD's and other modalities taught w/in this University. The needles are dipped in a Homopathic bee venom. I normally would have started right out w/a bee sting but I was stung twice in 09 by wasp's & went into shock so we're being very careful. I met a man w/MS for 12 yrs he started w/the bees last October in two months he was driving, walking etc. This summer he was fly fishing, leaving last Friday for an Elk hunt in SD & plannin on snowbirding this Dec. I realize this ( one ) sucess story was w/MS but just wondering if any of the PALS have used this type of treatment & if so any relief of symptoms?
I've had ALS for about 18 months & one of the 1st things to go was the core muscle's so I have trouble standing erect & experiencing much fatiuge. My 1st treatment gave me so much energy for two days & the feeling of a much stronger stomach than I've felt in months. The next treatment was for kidney's & large intestine didn't notice much of anything, just finished a treatment around 2:00pm drove two hours to get home took my nap but tomorrow will tell if any change thought I'm more wide awake now than normal.
We'll do one more session w/the needles then maybe go w/real bee's the 22nd. I realize there is no cure but if I can push it out aways. I was at the VA Hospitable in Indianapolis IN. & there was an old vet who swore by the bee's for RA ( I know different can of worms altogether )
Just looking for feedback
Thanks Allen

I am a true believer that acupuncture helps with pain and an over all sense of well being, so generally speaking it should make you feel better even if it isn't actually "fixing" the als this is such a bad disease that anything that helps give you energy and a better sense of well being will help you face the chalanges of als.
with MS progression is couple steps foward and the a regression back a little, it comes and goes but I believe it slowly progresses. So with using bee stings for therapy with MS it would take a long time to see if it was truly having any effect on that disease, and I do have a customer who's wife with MS did the bee sting therapy, they no longer do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back