Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
West Virginia
City
Ravenswood
I just wanted to share the fact that my husband was nominated and selected for WSAZ Hometown Hero in the state of WV. MDA rep was the one who nominated because of his wonderful attiude and his fight and not giving once being diagnosed with als in June '06. He continues to work and he is continuing to coach (coaches high school basketball) because of his love for coaching. He has coached for over 33 years. He has always taught his players the following: Put God first, then family, then school work and then sports. always give your 100%. When diagnosed with als - that has been his motto "I have als but als does not have me". He has been an inspiration to all who are around him. Even though I see him declining, he hasn't given up. To continue to work and coach will take a lot out of him but he's not giving up. A typical day: get up at 5:00, work 12 hours, go to the gym for a two hour practice (8:00 pm - 10:00 pm) and then come home exhausted but never complaining. Anyone who asks him "how are you doing" his response is always "i am doing great!". If anyone would like to watch the video of the segment aired on the television station - just go to WSAZ.com and pull up Hometown Hero. The video will be available by the end of the week on this website. His loving wife, Patty

Patty,

Congrats to your hubby! I will be sure to watch when the video is available.

Hi Patty. You don't post a lot but when you do, it's usually good stuff. Thanks for letting us know about your hubby's accomplishments. Good publicity is worth it's weight in gold.

AL.

Patty-Congrats for living with such a superstar! Can't wait to see the clip on the website.

Thanks so much for the update!
Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
brenda

Somehow I missed the sentence that the video will only be out at the end of the week and tried searching for it, only to be clueless as to why I can't find it. lol.

I wonder if there is any way to save that video. I will be sure to show that to my mum so she can be encouraged to fight and live on! :)

Congratulations! I will definitely show my hubby the video when it is on line.

Hi Patty,
Congrats to you and your husband. Can't wait to see the video. Any exposure creates more awareness for ALS. Good going.
Your husband sounds like mine....always smiling and saying he's doing great.
God Bless them.
Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back