Status
Not open for further replies.
Do NOT change your fb status to widowed!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be swamped, it is horrendous what happens, the profiles that will come at you in droves are horrible. If you no longer want to show there as married, hide your relationship status.

Lenore,

I see you and Brian as incredibly strong and loving for the way you are choosing to conquer the beast and move forward with life. I wish you strength and peace in the coming days. I will be with you in spirit.

Advice taken Tillie, Status will go hidden.

I have a friend who went as widowed Status last year, one went hidden.

I suppose a lot of idiots want to see if they can take advantage of a widow. People suck sometimes.

Lenore,

I don't comment often but I want you to know that I read all your posts and am with you in spirit. Your love and support for Brian is an amazing gift to him. I will be here supporting you at this incredibly difficult time.

Kate

Lenore I am here holding you.

I still wear my wedding ring on my left hand and I wear Brian’s band on my middle finger. Of course I guess our fingers were close enough in size for me to do so. I see no need to move your ring unless you choose to do so

I too don’t think I will ever remarry. In my case its partly because of my deep love for Brian and the other is I’ve done that, now it’s time to focus on me. Of course none of us know the future

Hang in there, you’re doing a great job.

Hugs

Tomorrow is last working day. It gets harder as it gets closer to get home and do this thing to the end.

Brian was not terribly lucid this morning and just wanted us to end it for him because he’s just done. Do you hurt? No. He said he was just done and wanted to go home now and be healthy and free again and why were we keeping him.

Now it’s just food reduction and more meds. It’ll get interesting g this weekend, and I think fairly full sedation will be in order. Dr said that was an option. I was going to taper until Sunday, but naturally if he refuses all food sooner that’s that.

Wishing you strength......truly heartbreaking. Sometimes life just isn't fair ..... your love is strong and everlasting....

Sassy

Last edited:
To be honest I think tapering is cruel as it just prolongs everything and it sounds like Brian is feeling the effect of not enough nutrition and even fluids being tapered.

I would suggest you could talk to him about stopping completely as soon as you finish work as it will be kinder on you both. So many hugs to you xxx

Oh, Lenore & Brian. I am sending you the strongest loving vibes I can and wishing you both strength. I am so sorry that you both have to go thru this, but you are both handling it so well ......... so much strength, resolve, love and dignity. I am walking along your side in spirit!

I'll be thinking about you both Lenore and am so very sorry that your having to go through this but I agree with buckhorn that you're handling this like a champ. Hugs to you both. Jlynn

Concerning tapering off food and water... In the couple of weeks leading up to my wife starting VSED, there were some days she didn't feel like eating. I encouraged her to eat which I think was a mistake. Why did I do it? 1) Foolishly hoping she would change her mind. 2) I wanted every last second with her. 3) Making sure my wife is healthy is what I do. 4) I'm stupid. The moral of the story is if someone is going to be starting VSED in a couple of weeks, be OK with them eating less. The weaker a person goes into VSED, the faster it will be over.

I'm 100% with Tillie. Once you start VSED, stopping completely is ideal. That said, it may not be practical. On the day my wife started, there were many family members present. Everyone wanted to take my wife for one last walk in her wheelchair. She went out three times in 95F weather. She got so thirsty so fast. The morphine helps but you will still feel thirst. We had to cheat a little. I gave her about 50ml of water whenever she asked for it. She never ate once after she started. Day two was much like the first day.

The way we did VSED was kind of stupid. I think it would be best to say all your goodbyes before you start VSED. Once you start, go fully sedated to avoid any thirst, hunger or terminal agitation issues.

Two last semi-random thoughts (not directed at anyone or any post):

1) The person doing VSED should be able to do it anyway they want.

2) VSED is voluntary. It would be morally and legally wrong to deny them food or water if that is what they want.

Hang in their Lenore!

Rob

Lenore and Brian, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Big hugs and love to you both. Lenore, your dedication and love for your Brian has shone through in each of your posts. You are one strong, dedicated and caring woman.

J

We were going with a Sunday start date but at 2:00 am this morning Brian totally lost it. He thought I was out to get him, Robbers in the house, telling for police.

I had to call hospice, finally got meds into him he was spitting at me, it was a red hot mess.

Dr and Nurse coming this am. He is fast asleep. We are going truly palliative sedation now. No benifit in him being awake and having anymore episodes like that.

Incidently, it’s the food he really tapered he drank a bunch just last night. With the amount of meds he is on he has had very little appetite anyway.

My heart is breaking for you, Lenore. I hope that once things get started, he passes quickly and peacefully. Hugs.

Right there with you Lenore - maybe this will just make it simpler by starting meds now. I'm so sorry it came on that way with the hallucinations - hold tight to the knowledge you have of the amazing man he has always been and keep that firmly in you mind now.

Love and strength coming over to you now my friend xxx we all have hold of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back