Diagnosis
02/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
McEwensville
To all of you that emailed your senators already, good work and thank you. I'd like to recommend that you hit them again. Senate decided they needed Friday off so the vote didn't happen. The President's request for $700 billion will most likely take up today and maybe tomorrow but it is my guess that S. 3297 will come to the floor tomorrow or Wednesday. Just an FYI, the amount of money they want to bail out companies for bad business practices would fund the ALS Registry for over 45,000 years.

To make sure that the Senate knows we are watching and that despite what that idiot from Oklahoma's staff thinks we are not chimps and plants (see quote below) please email your senators again today.

Coburn, for his part, looks forward to the fight. "Dr. Coburn would be happy to debate why we need to shut down the government to protect chimps and botanical gardens," said Coburn aide John Hart, referring to some of the bills in the package.
source: Politico

The letters are prewritten and ready to go. Simply go to the Advocacy Action Center as instructed in my previous post which is here.

As an aside, I have been in discussions with the American Legion about helping us advocate for ALS. On Friday they placed S.3297 on their action list and emailed every Legion member which numbers over 3 million requesting that they email their senators in support of S. 3297 and the ALS Registry. So I have to say thanks to the American Legion and I'll see ya at post 323.

I recieved a "canned" response from both of ours, but will send it again. Thank you Zen for being an advocate and inspiring so many people to choose to be action oriented!

sent them yesterday & today.thanks Zen

S. 3297 was discussed twice today. They are going to try to do some more work tonight and then bring it back up tomorrow morning (Tuesday). This will more than likely be our last shot until next year.

Email your senators tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back