Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WS
City
Milwaukee
I hope all of you are staying safe. I have stayed out of the forum but recently my CK result went real high and thought I would ask.

Months back I had posted "long post". Earlier in March I had EMG which was normal. But my twitches and fatigue never improved. In fact it worsened become more frequent and moving other body parts like lips and eyes.

About a month and a half ago I started getting congested. This has progressed into having that loose feeling where the nasal cavity opens in the back of the mouth area. Water and soup tend to go up slightly at times and I am noticing slight nasal sound at times.

Long story short, my neuro asked that I do a vigorous exercise for CK.

So, I walked mostly and very lightly jogged for about 2 miles in 30 mins, did 20 lb dumbbell three sets of 10 repeats, and some light abs.

The CK value was 732 after 36 hours. After 84 hours its value was 7830. They want to perform another round of test again. Apparently, the value should have declined after 72 hours (I did not exercise or do anything in between).

I feel very sore in forearms and it has been a week now since I did those exercise. Should I be concerned about the CK value not falling but climbing instead? I am waiting to hear back from my neuro with the recent test results. I am worried if this could be slow progressing bulbar als that didn't show in the emg?

Thank you!

CK elevation can be associated with many conditions including normal variant, reaction to some medications (most commonly statin drugs), hyperthermia, exercise, hypo or hyperthyroidism, alcoholism, infection, muscle trauma, and myopathies. ALS would be at the bottom of a long list.

Bottom line: work with your doctors and don’t worry about ALS.

Answers will be as before. You don't have ALS, so really and truly you need to let this go and move on. Remember, the people you are continuously asking questions for your non-ALS symptoms are dying of this disease. You are not, so please be grateful instead of desperately trying to get diagnosed with this monster of a disease.

Best of luck to you and stay safe.

Every time I write I feel very bad about posting. But at the same time anxiety drives this since no one has been able to give me any answers. Just about a minute ago my neuro sent me a message saying they are suspecting metabolic myopathy and will need to go to clinic for tests. I will not come back unless I get diagnosed for what this forum is meant for.
Thank you all.

Good luck. If you do get a diagnosis of something it is helpful if you circle back and let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back