Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Wi
City
marshfield
Anyone have experience w/ blood pressure that is really high - even after Rx?
They want to up the dose - but swelling in the feet is already bad- any ideas what to do? - Is this high BP because of decreased breathing capacity?

It shouldn't be high. Mine went down after some atrophy and my feet swell too. There is a new supplement recommended by a doctor friend and it was on the news up here. Google search it under Salba. It might help you.
AL.

My high blood pressure of the last 10 years disappeared along with all other medical problems when I lost 60 lbs. not being able to eat normal with ALS. That and being thin again are the only benefits of ALS I can think of.

It Is So Crazy...

Thanks for the information -on how ALS LOWERS BP - But he is being told that he has HIGH BP.. He never had High BP until he did a 6 mo. study with mayo- some Rx - which caused high BP... After the study his BP came down - now it's up - way up... and he's in a catch 22 with swelling & constipation VS High BP... He " seems" to have LOW BP - as far as his "presence" goes - but could maybe be pushing imself at work too hard - gets pretty tired by the end of the day:(

So - what do any of you experienced PALS think?

Anyone have experience w/ blood pressure that is really high - even after Rx?
They want to up the dose - but swelling in the feet is already bad- any ideas what to do? - Is this high BP because of decreased breathing capacity?

Has you doctor added a water pill.And you might want to ask about an anti anxiety drug instead of increasing your B/P meds sometimes my BP goes up when I think about this disease that I have. Pat1

Catch 22

Hi Pat1
Yes - I thought water pill too - but the other issue is consitipation - this is a catch 22 - right? or could the constipation be handled a different way - already on anxiety Rx...
So is a water pill still a good idea? I like to be informed before making an ass of myself offering advise - thanks for all your help - you people are so wonderful. {{HUGS}}

the water pill will lower your pressure and relieve the swollen ankles. If you are constipated drink lots of water prune juice. Stool softners mineral oil at bed time helps.You must keep hydrated. hope it helps Pat

I don't have a diagnosed

so it may not be appropriate for me to answer.

I am still mobile but have GREAT difficulty walking. My PT says my high blood pressure is due to the great difficulty I have walking. She says I'm fighting my muscles to stay upright and move.

I know this sounds stupid, but would someone tell me what diagnosed means?

Thank you so much. While I'm at it, I failed to ask what rx means.

RX is a precription drug

Patricia, Thanks so much.

Makes me thing we should have a thread of just terms- sort of like a glossary. I forget how we all talk in a certain jargon around here.

OK smarty. Make a list and we'll put it up in our definitions.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back