Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
CA
State
SK
City
Swift current
My husband got his feeding tube put in Monday. He doesn’t need it it’s just a precaution as the disease is beginning to effect his breathing. Yesterday he was having difficulties and I gave him his morphine and he proceeded to get the hiccups. 5 hours later he was in terrible shape that I took him to the hospital. His vitals were all to high oxygen low and breathing was becoming increasingly hard. Did cultures and X-ray thinking it’s infection and started him on antibiotics. They also found that he was extremely constipated even tho it had only been one day. They admitted him. Today they are concerned for oxygen level they were able to finally find something to help with his bowels. However he still has the hiccups. They stopped for awhile finally after 17 hours and he was able to get some sleep. But they came back. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I'm sorry this is happening. Does your husband use BiPAP? When he got the tube put in, was he in radiology on an IV or was he in surgery with anesthesia?

Best,
Laurie

Iv. He got an antibiotic and some fentanyl. He has a bipap but won’t use it every night.

Was reminded of this post. That person found magnesium really helped with hiccups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back