Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
Sask.
City
Somewhere
I have had ALS symtoms since 2011 and was told it was ALS 2012. AS of Easter 2014 I am in a wheelchair and now my arms are getting very weak. I have learned a lot about life and living. I have spent many a hour on ALS Trials and Research. I have many questions but find very few answers. For eg.

1. Genervon development of drug GM 604. Was told by ALS Canada that looks promising but is very small Co. and will have a hard time finishing its needed trials. What does size of Co. got to do with slowing or stopping ALS.

2. Kevin Eggan and drug Retigabine, Approved drug for epylipse will take years before trials begin. (Harvard Gazette April 3 2014 Page 3) Why.

Hi Marv
Don't know how long for gm 604. Trials cost big money and little companies need help to pay

It is not years for retigabine trial. They are working on contracts now. A few months. If it is available in Canada your neuro could prescribe it off label if they are allowed. It is not known of course how it will act in humans. In the lab tests it looked most promising for genetic ALS but they are going to trial it for all kinds. It will be years before it goes through all the trials of course but not for them to start

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back