PALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Madison Heights
want all the help i can get ...thanks. i am new at this computer stuff to

Hi Frank. Welcome. Sorry you have to be here. It's a pretty good group here. A lot of new people such as yourself and a few that have been around for a while. Use the search feature at the top of the page to find information. Just click on search and type in a word or two and it usually will point you in the right direction. If you don't find it there feel free to just ask away. AL.

hi frank

hi frank.
sorry to hear about your diagnosis but you've stumbled upon an amazing bunch of people here. myaunt was diagnosed with ALS last month and so i post something on the site every now and then but mostly, i read other postings and learn more and more about ALS and how to accept it, cope with it and LIVE with it. it's a great bunch of people here in this forum. you'll find more support here than you can imagine. god bless and keep in touch! the computer stuff gets easier as you get used to it!

take care,
nicole

from frank

thanks to AL , NICHOLE ,,, it seems everyone in here is special ..thanks very much frank

Just welcoming you to the site, it is truly an amazing group of people, I have recently come upon it myself, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, this site is a wealth of information and if you have any questions at all simply post them and they will be answered, also there is a support forum as well you can get to at the top of the screen and nicole is right, the computer stuff comes easy, take care and see you around the site

Sincerely

Maureen

Hi Frank

I found this site in April of this year, when my dear son-in-law was diagnosed. He is 42. I found such warm and caring responses. We are all in this together! How old are you? How are you doing? I've been reading a lot lately but, not posting. Rude of me. We should at least say Hello. Welcome and a warm Hello. My Best to you, Beebe

warm welcome

thanks for the warm welcome everyone,.... I am 45 years old... thanks ..Beebe

sorry Beebe

Beebe said:
I found this site in April of this year, when my dear son-in-law was diagnosed. He is 42. I found such warm and caring responses. We are all in this together! How old are you? How are you doing? I've been reading a lot lately but, not posting. Rude of me. We should at least say Hello. Welcome and a warm Hello. My Best to you, Beebe
sorry that it took me so long to reply to u ... i am 45 , thanks for being so nice,,,frank

hello

BamaBear said:
sorry that it took me so long to reply to u ... i am 45 , thanks for being so nice,,,frank
what part of nj.

BamaBear

Hi Frank, Were you asking me what part of N.J. If so we are in Forked River about 8 miles south of Toms River. About 40 miles north of Atlantic City. Are you familiar with south Jersey? We are a mile from Barnegat Bay and about 15 minutes to the Ocean. How are you doing ? My son-in-law is planning on going to Costa Rica for stem cell. Trying to get enough money together. American Doctors are performing it there. Having good reports . So we are hopeful. He's at a point where he'll try anything. My Best to you. Beebe

Hi Beebe,

Not to cast discouragement in front of you but I have not heard of any reputable source indicating that the present state of stem cell research offers effective treatment for ALS. Much credit for this dismal state of affairs can be laid at the foot of the Bush administration. Could you give us your source for the Costa Rica clinic? Why do you think American doctors are any more reluctant to run a scam clinic than other nationalities? As Meg warns on another thread here:
"As you research illness in general and ALS in particular you will learn that the world is full of people who apparently exist for the sole purpose of separating vulnerable and desperate people from their money."

Good luck to whatever you decide to do.

John

Hello. As John said i dont want cast discouragement of anything.
But 3 other men that my husband know was diagnosed at same time he was and they went to China for the stem cell treatment.
My husband decided to wait and see how they did before he chose to go.
That was 3 years ago 2 of the ones who went have died the other one has been bedridden for 2 years.
Not wanting to be a downer just hate to see someone bein taken in if it doesnt work.
LittleHeart

Hi Beebe

I don't want to take away any HOPE you may have built up for the stem cell thing, but it may be wise to do a search here on others who have tried it and the lack of good results. Just one link to consider http://www.castlerockfirefighters.org/china/chinaplus2.htm

One of the hardest things we face as people with ALS is there is presently NO CURE!
Sure there is research and we all hope for a breakthrough any day, but for now there is none. The hardest thing for me and others on here was to accept that fact. It's easier to travel the river de-nial as we call it.

Sometimes it's better to think down the road and plan wisely with our money to be able to best deal with the results we all will have to face. It cost a lot of money over the years to have this disease and to properly care for our loved ones throughout the process. Unless you are independently wealthy, I personally think your money would be better spent than on a process that has showed no lasting results.

I'm not saying this to be hurtful, just trying to be honest and help you in the long term of things. Regardless of your choice, we are here for you.
God Bless and hope for the best.
Big AL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back