Not open for further replies.

english_gal

Reason
PALS
State
england
City
london
hiya all im from london and am going to ask the question everyone is asking.. do u think my symptoms could be als...so sorry but here i go lol

symptoms started 4 months ago after i gave birth to my son..im 24 btw. muscle twitching mostly calf but also other places tounge arms somtimes, pins and needles and buzzing sensations over my shoulders & somtimes down my arms this is almost constant. and tingling on my tounge this is always. had an mri of brain and cervical spine. and emg and ncs of left leg and right arm and they were clean.. no weakness or astrophy at all.. the sensations i get are far worse than the twitching and am so scared.

What do you reckon guys any advice apprecated.

Casey xxx

english_gal said:
hiya all im from london and am going to ask the question everyone is asking.. do u think my symptoms could be als...so sorry but here i go lol

symptoms started 4 months ago after i gave birth to my son..im 24 btw. muscle twitching mostly calf but also other places tounge arms somtimes, pins and needles and buzzing sensations over my shoulders & somtimes down my arms this is almost constant. and tingling on my tounge this is always. had an mri of brain and cervical spine. and emg and ncs of left leg and right arm and they were clean.. no weakness or astrophy at all.. the sensations i get are far worse than the twitching and am so scared.

What do you reckon guys any advice apprecated.

Casey xxx

Hi casey,
You sound just like me its almost scary lol. I also had a child 4 months ago and that is when all of my fasciculations started. Right after. I had a c- section though. My twiching is crazy, they are very intense. They are widespread although i first noticed them in my toes and calfs. And 80% of them are still in my legs. I am also 24 years old to lol. Anyway i was worried about als to, so i went and got a clinical exam and Emg and they were normal, so i hope it will be with you to. Everyone here has been so supportive so stick around and i hope it all works out! I also have those sensations sometimes to, i dont know what they are though or what they are from.
Ashley

Hi, mine was by c section too that is scary lol.. i have had a clean emg of my right arm and left leg.. i dunno im just convinced its summat else.. thanx for your post though..

Lets hope it all goes away :wink:

Casey xxx

My issues all started out the same as yours, except i'm male and would have a difficult time giving birth...(i'm trying to make you guys laugh)...

I guess the single piecie of advise i can give is that, really, based uopn the test you have had, is you will have to wait. Usually the time between EMG's is about 3 months, and if it truly ALS or similar, the next EMG, if done adequately, will show a little of something and progress

good luck and enjoy that new baby, my little girl (avitar picture) just made one year.

rgds,

Jamie

I am 29 and had a baby 6 months ago and have had very similar symptoms. It is my first child and a difficult delivery. I am going to get all those tests done next month, but everyone keeps saying it is most likely not ALS. I wonder if this is something that new parents just do not talk about.

That thing about trauma makes sense because another fireiend of mine developed muscle problems after anesthesia (sp?) I know that I had to sign a bunch of consent forms when getting the epidural- and some of them did talk about nerve damage. I am scared though because my twitches are getting worse. They come and go- but they are especially bad in the morning. I do miss life without them. Sometimes it is hard to remember . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back