Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
OHIO
City
Wickliffe
This is my story, when I was 7 years of age my I observed two of my family members pour a solvent into my grandfathers food, next thing I know he was diag with ALS (to make a long story short) and died 13 months later. That was 28 years ago. About two months ago my drink was spiked by one of the same relative's, and I'm worried I may have the same fait. I have seen 3 neurologist and 1 neuroscientist (all said I don't have ALS and its not Neuro), had one partial EMG (negative), and I am having a full EMG next week. I have seen many other doc and they all say I'm fine (except for an initial diag of Rhabdomyolsis), but I lost 25 pounds, 3 inches (circumference) from both arms and legs. I had twitching and cold tingling sensations everywhere (arms, lower abs, legs, and face), extreme fatigue, and weakness, difficulty swallowing, and blurry and double vision in one eye (R), among many other symptoms that have since gone away. Any insight to what this may or may not be would be greatly appreciated.:?:

My question would be why aren't these winners in jail?

I agree Al, this is an unusual story.

If you really saw what you think you saw, then your Grandfather did not die from ALS. the docs misdiagnosed him, as he was poisoned. If you were poisoned and survived, then your symptoms should improve as your body processes out the toxins. Unless you have repeated exposure. I'd get to the sheriff, not a message board.

Jail

My question would be why aren't these winners in jail?

I would like to know the same thing, I contacted the police multiple times and the detective never calls me back or does anything he says, I spoke to his captain so he is aware of the case.:shock:

WOW!This story just blew me away!I couldnt believe what i read!I hope you are keeping a really safe distance from these relatives!I dont know what to tell you except to say Al and Cindy are right on!...............
How did you know your drink was spiked?Did someone see them do it?....totally perplexed....Gina

That's what worries me!

I agree Al, this is an unusual story.

If you really saw what you think you saw, then your Grandfather did not die from ALS. the docs misdiagnosed him, as he was poisoned. If you were poisoned and survived, then your symptoms should improve as your body processes out the toxins. Unless you have repeated exposure. I'd get to the sheriff, not a message board.

I only seen it happen to him once, and I know nothing of poisons, so I have no idea if they had done this once or multiple times. The medical community is clueless as far as poisoning go. The only treatment I received was was I'V fluid, because they have no idea what the substance was? It took to months to get over most of the symptoms, aside from the mental toll this has all had, I think I may still be losing muscle, twitching everywhere (especial my left eye lid), and some mild cramping, and purple color finger nail beds, and general weakness and fatigue. It toke my grandfather 13 months to die, so what ever they did to him causes or mimics ALS. I posted this up to see if anyone else had a similar story and I don't think the police are going to do anything, unfortunately cause it my word against theirs, and the hospital could not find the cause.:mad:

Gina,
I went to the restroom and order a drink and when I came back I toke a sip, and notice that there was something physical in the beer, when I took a closer look I notice silver streaks throughout the beer and the foam was had holes like some sprinkled something in it after it was poured, then I felt real sick with a few minutes and ended up back in the restroom. Not thinking clearly I drove myself to the hospital which took over an hour.

Did you call poision control and explain the story to them? They might be able to help you figure it out by your symtoms?
Alot of you symtoms sound like they could be anxiety or panick attack related?
Are you taking anything for anxiety?

I wish that all they were but i losing muscle pretty fast and the only diagnosed I got was Rhabdomyolsis, which they treated me with I'V fluid. Poison control was absolutely worthless unless you know what you ingested they r pointless. I went over my symptoms with them and they said it could be anything.

Could be mercury

Some thought that this causes ALS anyway.

environment causes/ toxic?

Maybe there is a connection from your time in the military- or that motorcycle accident you had. I am thinking that you have had too many variables in your life to pinpoint a cause.

Gina, I felt the same way as you! I went, "Wow! Why aren't these people in the slammer? Is their name Bates?" I see this as homicide! If that is the case, howcome the docs did not detect it? Who are these people, and why are they still doing it, and not a thing is done about it? Mind bogling!

Irma

Thanks for all the support, I not sure what to do at this point, so I contacted the coroners office where this happened to my grandfather and they are going to check if my grandfather went through them or if any substance could be found or detected 26 years later. If they can we may have a definitive toxic cause of ALS, and maybe help prevent or treat other or even stop progression, as well as have answers and closer for myself.

CindyM
I don't think it was military because all my symptom start immediately after the Nov 7th 2007 incident and I've been out of the military since 04. Although I did hear Desert Storm Vets had a high case of ALS, which is odd because the people of the persian gulf didn't see an increase in ALS. I used to live in NE, RI to be exact. Do you live in SE MA, I only ask because they seem to have a higher incident of ALS and MS in that area.

TallJohn

Some thought that this causes ALS anyway.

not sure, my mercury and aluminum levels increase but are still with in normal limits, although they did the test 4 days after the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back