Reason
Other
Country
US
State
mo
City
Kansas city
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I'm wondering if these are sympotms of ALS.

My husband noticed two weeks ago when I handed him a piece of paper that my hand was shaking. Ok - no biggie, right? Well, then last week, out of nowhere my back (between my shoulderblades and especially on my right side) just started killing me with pain. My right shoulderblade muscle (whatever that is called) and then my tricep on my right hand felt very weak. Then I noticed that my right hand was shaking in certain positions (while on the phone, etc.)

I went to an orthopaedic doc who said that my neck was straight forward instead of curved like a backwards C at the top, so that might be causing back pain along with the fact that my shoulderblades sort of "roll" forward (I have a larger chest so that might be causing it after years and years.)

My right shoulderblade muscle in the back and tricep is killing me, and nerve on my elbow too - my hand may have carpel tunnel or something because my last two fingers fall asleep or tingle sometimes..

But the part that really scares me is that my hands are shaky. They only shake when I am doing something not at rest. I'm wondering if my hands could be shaking from muscle fatigue of all these muscles? Or is it something like ALS?

My mom does have essential tremor, but it would be wierd for this to come on so fast with my back issues.

I'm so scared now that now, I think I"m shaky on the inside becasue of my complete fear that this is something horrible like ALS, and so now my whole body is shaky I think from fear really - but my hands do tremor.

I have a lot of pain in my back on the Right Shoulderblade by my shoulder.

When I went for physical therapy, my Right hand (dominant) was weaker. It almost feels like muscle fatigue maybe is why I'm shaking I dont know.

But this has all happened within a week. Nothing - zero symptoms from before.

My hands sometimes shake as if you were low on blood sugar and were just shaky, even while resting... But most of the time its just if I hold my hand in a certain position then it shakes, you know?

I went to another orthopaedic doc yesterday who is sending me for physical therapy.

Oh - and also I got a nerve test done on both hands in the doc office (not an EMG) the other one....and it said negative - no problems, but my right elbow nerve (sort of like your funny bone nerve) is KILLING ME, and my last two fingers are falling asleep and a bit tingly.

I'm a mess. :) Please help me. If you have any idea if this kind of pain and muscle sort of weakness and shaky/tremor stuff might be ALS I would apprecaite any kind of opinion,e tc.

Ok thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention I had a Brain MRI done and it came back fine. I"m 37 and female if that helps too - thanks!>

Simply put: that doesn't sound like ALS at all. What gave you the idea you have it?

Look-up Parsonage-Turner Syndrome. Your symptoms are closer to that. It's not life-threatening at all . . . it just sucks to have it . . . but you will heal. I'm not diagnosing you with anything; I'm simply giving you an alternative opinion as to what you might have. It could be a gazillion things . . . but again . . . ALS is most likely not what it is.

Go to a neuro and tell them your symptoms and I'm sure he/she will help you. Stop worrying about ALS . . . and after you look-up Parsonage-Turner Syndrome . . . get off of the internet and stop trying to self-diagnose yourself.

hi

i have to say my arms/hands from the elbow down do shake now and again when my elbow is bent in a certain position,especially while holding a telephone.
i thought it was clonus the same as you get when you lift your heel of the floor in a seated position.
but my pt thinks it is due to muscle weakness in my torso.
i understand your concern with this but no other symptoms you mentioned sound like als related.
how was your neuro exam and reflexes?
hang in there,a diagnosed can take along time whatever it is.
take good care.
caroline:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back