Hi-ho Pokey! Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose - I was laughing about those dates! I have one. I went on a date with this boy I worked with in High School. My friends thought I was crazy. He was always very nice to me and our date went very nicely. However, it didn't last because well he was just too wild - drugs. I was in college and my friend called to tel me that this guy was arrested for murder. This boy I dated actually killed his mother. I felt so sad for their family. But I can actually say that I dated a murderer. I blame all the drugs, wrong crowd and all. He was really a nice boy. So my friends have teased me about that for years. Teresa

Let's see....nice boy, and murderer in the same phrase? :confused: Sounds like an oxymoron, to me.

Happy you didn't marry him.

I know. But I really am naive and think that deep down everybody is good at heart -- until they try to get one over on me. Then that is a totally different story. No, I didn't marry him. I married a wonderful boy in a band that has now resurrected his law degree. How funny is that. It took me over 10 years to say I was married to an attorney and it still sounds funny. Now I've hit both sides of the law. Teresa

You guys are lucky that none of these weird guys turned on you! I had one that did! I was with a guy for 5 yrs before my husband and it was not a good realtionship (should have listened to mom) and when I did end it, he went CRAZY. And I mean nuts. I started dating my current husband and he would pop out everywhere. My dad had to drive me to and from work. I had to stay places he did not know. Anyway, within the first few weeks of dating Tom (current hubby) we were getting into his car from dinner and out of no where this NUT pulls me out of the car by my hair! I pushed him away with my feet and he was yelling that he was going to kill me and him. We speed out of there!~My new boyfriend just looked at me like 'you dated him?'. Then he would just pull out of no where when we would be driving and try to run us off the road, he would park at the lot across from my work and stare at me.......scary. My boss would call the police. He then after I was married and had Jack called my house in the middle night. Dont know how he got my number as it was unlisted becasue of him. Finally last year, my sisters friend talked to him and he said that after 10+ yrs he is over me! It was super scary and I thought I would be on the news for sure. We laugh about the incidents now, but it was scary then. My hubby says that he almost stopped dating me because he thought that something MUST be wrong with me to be with someome that crazy...Well, at 19 he was sooooo cool and deep, stay away from the bad boys and get a good one.

Thats all I got for crazy boy stories. I have been blessed expect for that, and I WAS warned by my mom. Mom's always know best so why wont teen girls ever listen?

Kim....looks like 'Pokey' is really running away with this thread! :mrgreen: I have a boring life....sorry! 8)

How have you been, April? Happy you got the good guy, and 3 beautiful children! :-D

Lovelily,

I'm glad when my threads get hijacked. It simply means they've run out of useful space for the original thought and somebody stepped in to make worth continuing.

Hey Kim....I love your threads! Keeps me amused while we both wait for some news. 8)

What's next on your agenda? I get to wait on my 'MRI' report.

Also...I would like to say "Welcome" to Teresa! That's my Confirmation name. Oooo a clue.

Lovelily~

Thanks for asking, I am doing no better or no worse. So, I guess that is good. Good luck on your Mri. I am going to A new nuero at Cleavland clinic on Feb.24th, I pushed it back. I hope I still go then, I am nervous to go and have my repeat emg. IT will be 9 months from last one....

Hi April...One month is coming up soon. I will keep you in my prayers for a good outcome. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Hey Zaphoon

I like how you put it - "got hijacked." I agree - any way is right as long as it helps.

How are things going medically?
Erica/perplexed

To Lydia, Beth about cars specifically!

Hi Guys,
Lydia, I think the Citroen mechanic's name was Ralph, and he was way out in Cheektowaga somewhere. Probably now in Biarritz on what he made from us... I have no idea how a mechanic who knew how to fix Citroens wound up outside Buffalo, New York.
Beth, you worked for a foreign car dealer? Doing what? What was your favorite over the years? I learned how to drive (a stickshift) in Rome, Italy, and my first car was a little Fiat, whose "eyelids," the covers on the headlights, used to go up and down arbitrarily - on the highway, in traffic, whatever, making it look as though he was winking.
I do remember one scary moment while perfecting the stick on a steep hill in Providence, RI, when I just kept slipping down backwards, getting closer and closer to three old men on a park bench at the bottom. I can still see their faces. My Mom was laughing so hard she couldn't tell me to push down on the clutch.

My first husband bought us a huge Mercedes (we were 25 and 29, respectively) which arrived with a bottle of champagne and roses on the front seat. Now that I have Subarus, should they arrive with dandelions and Andres Cold Duck?

As for weirdest jobs, someone I knew was a melon ripener for a grocery store, banging cantaloupes with a rubber hammer to make them seem ready to eat.

I am gathering a hard file together for a second opinion (though we don't even have a first given that the Montreal neuro doesn't get back to us). Objectively, it doesn't change whatever is happening but from the point of view of doctor-patient communication, it is underwhelming in the compassion department.

Anyone going to Dr. Cashman in Vancouver or anywhere in Toronto?

Cheers,
Erica/Perplexed

Erica & Lovelily,

Thanks for asking how I'm doing. I phoned the VA to see if they had results from last Tuesday's MRI and they hadn't received anything yet. The lady asked me to call back next Monday.

In the meantime, my calf muscles continue to baffle me with how long they can continue in a state of cramping (what feels like cramping, anyhow). My arms are getting pathetically weaker, too and I've been advised not to do any excercising yet

But outside of all that, I'm doing great! Had bacon and eggs for lunch!

Last edited:
Awieleba: Who are you seeing at CCF in February? I have been spending a lot of time up there and maybe I can help you out with directions. I have seen 2 neuro's for office visits. I have also met with 2 other neuro's who did my EMG's. I would love to meet someone who actually is ldealing with the same issues that I am.

Zaphoon: Do you know where Bolivar, MO is? I attended college there and love that part of the country. I always wanted to consider moving back when I retired. Well, now I'm trying to talk my family into moving to Hawaii? Ha!

Lovelily: Thankyou for welcoming me. I have been viewing this site since last June but waited until my diagnosis to join this wonderful community. I hope you spell your name without an H. Just kidding. Everyone always adds an H to my name and the checks still cash - so I don't care. Take Care! Teresa

Erica,

Now how will I be able to tell if the melons are ripe or if someone is just hittting them with a rubber hammer.
Andres Cold Duck -didn't know they still made that you are too funny.

Hi Kim....No one called me either, about 'MRI'....:neutral: Tomorrow, I'm gonna call the office to see what's, what!

I had cramping in my lower thigh until it atrophied, then it calmed down. Now it cramps behind the knee, and various places on the same leg....muscles twitch as well. I still get bad spasms in that calf...especially if I flex my foot.

Keep eating those bananas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back