Hi-ho Pokey! Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer,

Thanks for the kind words; they go a long way!

This latest neuro states my current profile, as known, could support a suspicion of PLS but has ordered this round of MRIs (last round done in June) to take another look at the brain but more importantly, a good look at the spine. I haven't been notified of the date and time of the appointment yet but suspect it will be next week or the following.

I have no idea what kind of hot spot, if any, PLS could make in an MRI. I have no idea if MD would show in one either.

I do know, this guy wants to make certain its not MS. Today, I spoke with my sister that has MS, now secondary progressive (has had MS for 20 years now). She was not doing well today, down with a bug and next week is infusion week when she usually gets a big boost every month. I don't like what MS does.

Hope you are doing okay!

Rose~

Maybe inregards to to the dentist, a poison dart? They must have been an anit-dentyte?

April, yes, with a blow straw as the projectile device. Can you imagine being the patient that just happens to be in the chair, when the ex-SIL bursts into the room! It would have to be that person's "worst nightmare dentist appointment". ... but useful for a cocktail hour story forever after. :cool:

Zaphoon, I don't want to take away from the serious topic of your thread here. I honestly do feel like you're moving forward compared with the consultations etc you'd had previous to this latest doc though. Just keep at them to get in sooner!

Rose- I seriously can't image you dating a nuero, They have no sense of humor what so ever.

Kim- I hope you can get the appointment bumped up, or just do what I always do and get a copy of the report as soon as I can.

Kim

It is still a close race between us. I have my lumbar puncture a mylogram tomorrow and go for the results Monday, Hope I do not get the headache. Keep us posted.

hey lost,
Sending you good vibrations for the LP tomorrow-I'm sure you will do great!
hugs
-b

Louisville,

I hate to lose a race but have to admit, at this point you seem closer to the finish line of answers.

I prefer the term "spinal tap" as opposed to "lumbar puncture". A tap sounds a lot less invasive than a puncture.

Here's hoping for a pleasant experience with your "tap" tomorrow.

(At least I'd rather be tapped than punctured!)
cheese!

Zaphoon

Last edited:
Zaph- Kim-
Hang on. I hope the answers come soon. I agree, your attitude is awesome. Just too bad we don't have secret access to our OWN medical records! Or would that be disaster? hmmmmm...

Rose- what a STORY! Holy toledo. Poison blow darts? I wonder if she was aiming for his butt.

Lost- Best of luck2u on the spinal tap. I also hope you dont get a spinal headache.

Rose~

I ment to type 'anti-dentyte'? anyone? IT is from seinfeld? I am a HUGE seinfeld fanatic and so is everyone I know. We have seinfeld parties with Q and A and even got the new game on dvd! Yea, I am kinda a loser.

I just learned that the VA farmed the request for my MRI out to a hospital here in Springfield. The request went out on the 12th, they have 10 days to approve it and then another 30 days to carry it out (and add another 30 day wait to get in to see the neuro for the results).

I'll have some news in about 2 months. In the meantime,I have pokey out in the pasture grazing.

Kim, I don't understand, is this faster or not? It doesn't seem like it is.

April, I love Seinfeld! I got what you'd posted before, typo or no... I still remember cooking dinner, and looking up and seeing this LOSER dentist's photo up on the TV. Whether he was completely innocent of the charges leveled at him aside, as awful as my (very short) experience was with him, can you imagine being the patient in the chair!

Crystal, yes, I plan to steer clear of any romantic entanglements with neurologists, :smile:

No, it looks like the VA got backed up and outsourced. He's having to wait both to get it done, and to sit down with the neuro.

I'm sorry... Another month wait is hard enough without adding bureaucratic BS processing time. You're taking it like a champ... feel free to let off a little steam. The feel-good vibe you always radiant more than makes up for it.

Take care,

Robert

Rose and Robert,

I figure its just a matter of letting this stuff that's in me cook a little longer. I thought I had a pretty convincing presentation that something was amiss last summer. Give this thing more time to stew a few more muscles, tie me in a few more knots and I think I may have something worth looking at in a few more months.

I think I may have something worth looking at in a few more months

My thoughts exactly, Zaph. That's how I view my own situation, at least!

not germane but comic relief

Hi Rose et al,
Nothing to do with medicine but maybe we could use a break. Your story made me remember one of the many blind dates I had when I was first divorcing my first husband, was 27 years old and being set up daily by well-meaning friends. I'd regale the office the next day; they'd accuse me of making up it all up, but Rose, as you know, we couldn't make these up if we tried!

One day a man called, a friend of a friend, asking if we could have dinner the following week. I said he could pick me up at my building. He called up to say he'd found a temporary parking space and would I forgive him for not coming up. Good manners looked promising and I came down to find him standing next to a vintage Jaguar. Interesting, I thought, and put my hand out to open the passenger door. He screamed - really screamed, like a woman being frightened - "DON"T TOUCH THE CAR! I just had it waxed!"
And that was just one of many.

Maybe we should include funny stories on the forum too.
All the best,
Erica (perplexed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back