Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
ABE
I've been lurking for a while and enjoying all the input from everyone, and I figured I should probably say hi before I start replying to posts. :)

I'm Fizz, I'm 24, and was diagnosed 2 years ago with a neuromuscular disease that everyone is somewhat confident (finally) is SMA. I've got a cool dog - in my avatar picture! - and cool wheels, and any typos are probably because I'm using my iPad to navigate, so if I have any weird autocorrects... well... blame Apple, it wasn't my fault! It used to change the name of my old town to tarantula. Every single time.

My chief interests are hockey (go Flyers!), criminal law, physics, art, and nutrition, and I hope to slowly make my way through college to become a registered dietitian, since I can do that from home even with my limited ability and it's something I'm super passionate about.

I'm super glad to have found you all and I'm looking forward to hanging out here (even more than I already do!)

Welcome fizz. Sorry to hear you've got Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I hope we can help somehow.

Knowing is better than not knowing, at least in my case, because it took a looong time to be diagnosed and now I actually have access to all the resources I need to get by, you know? And you have indeed helped already, even - it's kind of nice to know that, even if this whole deck of cards is terrible and no one wants to have a hand in it, other people understand what you're going through and you aren't alone.

Welcome! Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but glad you have an answer.

Steve

Yes fizz, welcome and hope you get into posting, it's how we get to know each other and support eachother. Chally

Welcome fizz.
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back