Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I got to read my pulmonary function test first hand..... At the end it says because of low fvc and high mpp or something, that respiratory muscle weakness is highly suspect. Apparantley my ability to inhale was decreased but mild, but it also showed that my ability to exhale is impaired, not to mention all the "stridor," sounds made during the test. My heart is not good, i am going to see a cardiologist on feb 6, i am hoping he can figure out what the heck is wrong with me! Hope everyone is doing well, and try not to watch too much of the doom and gloom that is on the news every second! SAm

One great thing, i have not had any digestion problems since my gallbladder was taken out, no more nausea, pain, etc etc... God Bless my gastro!

Sam ... great news on the digestion problem. At least ONE thing is solved, cured, and behind you.

I hope all goes well with the cardiologist. The good thing about heart disease is that doctors get it too, so there are huge resources for testing and treatment. It sounds like you are getting closer to an understanding of what the h*** is going on. So glad you let us know what's cooking. Hang in there!

Sam,

Good to hear from you, I've been thinking that you'd gone AWOL here. Please let us know when you find out more. You've got lots of friends on here that want you to get stronger and able to enjoy that wonderful family of yours more! Are you able to keep at the new job? Did you do any of the pulmonary rehab?

At least you're getting "more pieces of the puzzle" .... now to get them to take shape into something :)

Sam,

Hopefully the cardioligist can give you another piece of the puzzle. Happy to hear the gallbladder surgery was a sucess.

Hang in there and keeep us posted.

hang in there sam!

my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Rose, Beth, Crystal, April and everyone

Thanks everybody, and i was let go from my job...... The doctor wrote me a lovely recommendation letter! I was given a month review and huge raise and was then informed that we would be working ten hour days....... Unfortunately no matter how much money i make i could not keep up with that........ That is why i have been off here so long, plus my computer crashed but i recently had it fixed... I went to the ESC and was given three possible jobs, and maybe one will pan out.... Most of the time i have good luck with that, knock on wood....... Since i was "dismissed" i decided to go to pulmonary rehab.... when i was going through the interview process the nurse noted that my heart would beat very fast whenever i had to breathe in deep and then exhale, so she said it was not safe for me to start the classes until i met with my cardiologist. OH MY GOSH it snowed down here for one day, there was like three inches of snow and my boys made a snowman.... A huge one, and we gave him a pretzel stick nose and oreo cookie eyes! He lasted three days, because they packed him so tight, he even lasted through one of those days that got up to fifty degrees outside! The birds are starting to chirp here already........ sam

Sam, thanks for the update. I agree that a 10 hour work day is too much, even if you were strong, as you've got your family too.

Cute story about the snowman, ....You know, when I first moved up north, I could never figure out what the big deal was with "the first robin" . People would say how they'd seen a robin, and I'd think why is this so important? they're not that pretty... then, after a couple winters I "got it". robin sightings = spring on the horizon. :) (no robins here)

Make sure you get back with us after your cardiologist appointment, in fact, I've got you jotted down on the calender that stays tucked under my keyboard here, so I'll know if you've gone missing on us after it!

Sam, sorry about the job. 10 hours a day would definately be too much, I'm happy that you didn't try it.

My kids were dissappointed with the snow we got , ours turned into rain and you couldn't even play with it.

Sam, it's a bummer that you lost that job, but it sounds like you made a really good impression on your boss, and will have a terrific reference when you look elsewhere. And I'm glad you are making your health your #1 priority! You've been through so much, but you are balanced and focused and making wise choices! And we are all there with you in spirit !

Hang in there ...

Sam~

Yes, 10 hrs a day is alot for fully healthy person and then to have a family on top of it? Too much! The right job for you and your family will come along. Hang in there with pulm. rehab!

We are buried in snow, all the time in Michigan and my boys love it! we can sled in the backyard! We tought Jack to ski last year and he loves it! I love it but I dont know if that will happen for me again or for awhile. The only thing you can do when you live in a state with alot snow is get involved in skiing, sledding, snow mobile and all that fun stuff! With the right outer wear It is soooo much fun to have snow.....

Sam-
So good to hear from you again! Hope you feeling pretty good- 10hr shifts are crazy for a healthy person, I must agree!
You hang in there and keep us posted,
-b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back