Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Well i had the surgery today! I awoke once during the surgery and i was trying to take the mask off my face and i heard a woman say, i gave her a breathing treatment.... Well three days before my gallbladder surgery i got sick, it went from my nose/ear to my throat and then to my chest.. It was not bad and did not cause a cough or fever. They all knew about my respiratory problem but did not understand it very well. I think what happened was when she gave me the breathing treatment it made it harder for me to breathe like that time i was in the shower and the humidity was overwhelming and the air was so heavy i couldn't breathe.... That was the ONLY thing that went a little awry. I awoke from the surgery in the recovering room and my eyes were closed and the nurse asked if i wanted a shot for the pain, i said NO.. I was still wearing off from the anesthesia and could feel the heaviness and work it took to breathe normal. He then asked if i were okay and i said i am fine but i need a few minutes to,,,,,, meditate i guess otherwise i will start to hyperventilate..... I had to fight my brain telling me i was not breathing and to panic. About 30 minutes later i was at a good pace and relaxed and the whole time my pulse ox was normal. He wheeled me into my room and ten minutes later i went home! The pain from the surgery was less than the pain from the attacks, and i have been enduring them for quite sometime....... I was so thrilled, i could not believe how well i felt, i even was able to eat today! The doc told my husband that the surgery went very well! I am so greatful i had it, the funny thing is, i had heartburn and a red face before the surgery and after my face color was normal and no heartburn..... I dont know if heartburn is associated with a bad gallbladder but mine got better! I feel so good that i got on the computer! I have five cut marks with bandages but they are tiny........ I am so glad to have that out! No more attacks, i still cant believe that the attacks hurt worse than the surgery! Well i hope i find everyone doing well tonight, and Have a Great Thanksgiving! Sammantha

FABULOUS ! Congratulations. I am so happy for you. It's finally done and over and behind you .... and everything went well.

This calls for a National Day of Thanksgiving. I hereby declare Thursday a national holiday in which we all give thanks for Sam's success!

Sam, that's wonderful that you're doing so well. I thought your surgery was tomorrow, and was just getting ready to send you a little note when I saw that you posted.... Don't be overdoing, no matter how great you think you feel. This will help your hubby remember that you're still a princess, a tough princess, but still need that TLC :)

BTW when you woke up during the surgery you didn't feel anything? wow, I'm glad I've never done that, and if I did, I don't remember it.

(((((hugs))))))

Sam,

Did you bring anything home pickled in a jar?

Z

Hi Sam. I am so glad things went ok and so sorry I didn't answer your PM in time. It's been really busy here. I'll geeet caught up this afternoon hopefully.

AL.

Hi Sam...So happy things went so well! :-D Please take care of yourself, and rest up no matter how good you are feeling.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Sam,
I happy you are feeling better.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and let everyone else do the cooking as planned.
You sit back and enjoy.

Thank you everyone, your support means so much to me.... No i did not bring home anything pickled! I could kick myself for not asking them to biopsy it thought.... Maybe there is a musculature nature as to why it no longer functions? Because i have no answers yet it would have been an opportunity, because one of the dystrophies causes a weakened gallbladder... Who knows maybe they automatically biopsy it to make sure everything is okay.... I did over due it ! Good advice ladies, i guess the anesthesia was still there, because I feel worse today and very sore, BUT i am not in as much pain as an attack and i am in good spirits because my cold did not even come back, as you know sometimes you get sick if your immune system is fighting something else..... All of this gives me a little more faith and respect for doctors which they deserve, i only need to find a neuro that is like that! My mom came over before work and we talked and i wished she could have stayed home with me, i feel like a ten years old again! My boys got ready for school and i was a sit back supervisor! Thanks for all the prayers and responses, much love Sammantha

Sam, glad you're still doing well, glad to read that you know you need to take it easy 8)

About the biopsy, they will biopsy it, as they routinely biopsy anything removed from the body. I don't know that they would look for the changes you were talking about, but there truly might be time still, if you were able to contact your doctor and explain your reasoning.

...Now, I hope you've got your PJ's and the bunny slippers on, and you're headed back to lay down somewhere! (hugs!) :)

Sam,
So glad to hear you are home and doing well. My computer at home "blew up" last night, so I'm on here quickly at lunch at work.
Rest as much as possible, sounds great being the "sit back supervisor", I will have to try that very soon!
take it easy and have a great holiday weekend,
hugs,
brenda

Sam-

Hooray for slaying the beast! Like the others said- take it easy and dont over do it, easier said than done I know.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Cindy

Well done and hang in there ! Don't eat too much turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Duane

Duane...

Sam, tried to post so someone on this thread, and it didn't work..... so I decided to take the opportunity to remind you to rest! :)

Last edited:
sam~

I am glad that all went well and you home resting. Enjoy your thanksgiving!

blessings,

april

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU
:mrgreen:HAPPY THANKSGIVING
PAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back