Status
Not open for further replies.
My turn to vent. Friday, we went up to UCSF ALS center for a respiratory therapy visit. And my PAL end up staying in the hospital, because his breathing has become so weak and he has lost so much weight. That now they (the ALS team of Doctors) are talking about putting in a breathing tube and feeding tube.....things have been very sad for us over the weekend. I came home tonight to get clean clothes and to talk to my sons about their Dad's current situation.

My boys where very understanding....the worst of it all is that I have been waiting for my husband to try to make the best decision for himself...

Saturday, my Sister-in-law's girlfriend who she lives with, started a verbal argument with me, accusing me of keeping information from the family.....and today his other sister, started on me verbally and then told the doctor on duty that I am starving him and won't take care of him. And her out burst started because I ask her and the other family member who was in the room to step out for a minute while the respiratory therapist could answer some questions for my husband and I......about the breathing tube.

I am very upset and sad.....why do people have to act out when someone is dying.

Christina

I think his family is scare and are acting out of fear and the unknown Be patient its their brother and they need to be informed as much as posible .I know you are havig a real rough time .

Some people talk ignorant when they are scared

My prayers are with you and your husband Pat

Christina, it is good to know your mom is there to help. At least someone in the family is rising to the occasion.
Just a thought I had about the other relatives; maybe you could send them some web site links that explain what you husband is going through with this horrible disease. Ignorance of the disease may be clouding their judgment and maybe by understanding it a little better they can see what you and he are living with?

I hope things work out with the family issues for you and your husband. They need to spend some quality time with him while he can still talk. If they chose not to, then you are better off not having them around to criticize you. Either way, I pray that you and your husband might find peace in the midst of this trying time in your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back