00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Hägersten
Hi everyone,
I am a guy, 33 years old, I am a football player and lately I had pain in my left leg, and I have started to worry about ALS. The doctor in Sweden said everything is fine, but I cant stop worrying. I did EMG, and that did not show any positive waves, fibrations and fasculations; but it showed polyfastic, high amp and longer duration. The EMG nurse says that I have problem with my lower back- L4 L5 S1- but i don't feel any pain there. From what I read the back problem could be affecting my left leg indeed. I don't feel weak in general. The doctor has just given me EMG results without explaining, so I have been trying to find out answers myself and that is just making me even more worried.
Could someone here please help me and tell me what my EMG results mean? I would really appreciate it. I am attaching them here.
Thank you so much in advance.

i even did MR but it didnt showing nothing witch i find strange!

Attachments

• IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 232
Your emg does not show als and is consistent with a back issue as is your history of leg pain. the hallmark of ALS is painless weakness. You have the reverse - pain without weakness. You need not worry about ALS

mris do not always show back issues. Perhaps ask to see a physiotherapist?

Thans Nikki, means a lot to me, can i be a early signs of Als becouse of the abnormal EMG?
i read a study that 57% with mild back pain have normal MRI but abnormal EMG. have you seen results like mine before?

thank you and wishing you all the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Your EMG does not show ALS - that's pretty clear and great news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back