Hi donnah we are neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I went to the Atlantic City Press and couldn't find anything about a lift accident. Was this an ALS patient on a chair lift? You have got everyone's curiosity aroused now. AL.

Hi Al, I couldn't find the article either. Donna's husband has ALS. I don't know what kind of lift. I just realized it was outside. Sure Donna will fill us in. My Best to you, Beebe

Hi Donna , Here is Pat's email address Pat@ALSPhiladelphia. Hope you heard something. Later. Fondly, Beebe

The article was in the police blotter section of the paper. The lift was an outdoor lift. I belive the date was either 10/18 or 10/19 some one faxed it to us. Yes he was in his scooter, when I heard the cable snap I held the chair but when it hit the ground I was thrown off the side he tipped out of the scooter and fell out the side. Thank god he did not break anything but it was the trauma of the fall and the fact he injured his back (had spine surgery 1/03/06) again. By the way he did not need the surgery it was ALS all the long. The anasthiasa acted like an excellerant for the ALS (9.5 hours on the table) Well that whole thing is another story within itself. Any way today was our first day alone with no help............ Never try to shave your husband very ugly argument......... But we got past that after a few hours, I handled the contraption that gets him in and out of bed OK. Now I just have to get him back in in one piece. Thanks for all the support. Gramp Al I'll send you a plane ticket .. you seem to have it all together please come show me how..........Just kidding but if your ever in the neighborhood (Atlantic City gambling) come on over. BeeBe thanks for all you encouragement and advice you to gifigif.
Talk to you all soon

Donna

Hi Donna , How are you doing? Never liked to shave a man. Electric razor felt safer! My daughter Stephanie said to email Pat she responds quickly. I hope she got back to you. All your family and friends went home? Let me know how things are going. I'm here for you. Fondly, Beebe

Hi gifogif, Haven't heard from you for a few days. Hope all is well. Your user name is interesting. Keep in touch with us. Hope you had a good weekend. My Best to you, Beebe

Good Morning all-- Had an uneventful weekend which I guess is good. Supposed to get braces for my legs and feet but the referral from my pcp somehow got lost. This is the third week in a row that we have had to cancel. Just aggravation. Anyway, the telephone number for the ALS clinic in Tinton Falls is 732-460-7385. The woman who handles the administrative duties is Diane. Very nice and helpful. Donnah, I know it must be difficult to deal with this as my wife occasionally lets me know but your support and level head are appreciated beyond belief. It took me a while to figure out that this disease affects whole families not just the patient. I can be testy at times and my wife has so far been understanding and supportive. So please know you are important and appreciated. Hang in there.

Hi there, Just checking in.. Where do you go for the braces? Seems someone is always misplacing or losing important paper work. Jack was suppose to have his Disability last month but someone misplaced something. Should be here this week. Hey Donna , How are things going anything from Pat? Hope so. Did you email her? She responds almost immediately. Keep in touch. My Best to you, Beebe

Braces

There is a company called Hangers. I believe their out of Wall Township but they have an office in Manahawkin that they staff only on Tuesday afternoons. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hello, I have to tell you something interesting. A few days ago I did a web search ALS clinic in Tinton Falls, N.J. Well ,page came up and there is our post. Hi Donnah we are neighbors. Tinton Falls is mentioned in your response guess that's why. I was taken back for a moment because I saw my name there. Guess we should start a new post, it gave me an strange feeling, anyone can read our posts! Did your appointment get rescheduled? Have a good day. My Best to you, Beebe

I don't have anything to do with it but maybe you should exchange emails if you don't want everyone knowing your business and even then who knows what goes on. Homeland Secjurity you say? Guess I'll see the FBI at my door tomorrow .

Hi Al, LOL! You come out with some good ones... I'm still LOL. Need a good laugh . It was just that my name stood out thought I ended up back at the Forum at first. Have a good morning . I'm a night owl and boy do I suffer the next day . My Best to you, Beebe

Hi Bebe

I'm a night owl too but I'll have to say I'm getting tired tonight. I get up around 9:30 A.M.. I'ts 1:16 now. Thank goodness no one calls me in the mornings because they don't want to hear me slurrrrrrr my words so bad they can't hear me. I don't want to talk in A.M. anyway. Better talk while I can though. Hope your doing ok.God bless, janf

Hello Beebe how are you hope all is well.
Do we care who reads our post maybe an outsider looking in could give us a little insight and offer up any new information that can help even just one of us.
(I know wishful thinking)
How is Jack doing?
Ben seems to be holding his own no worse no better. I'm not sure what to think of this. 2 weeks ago when I brought him home he was a mess His doctors were worried about him leaving ........ Now he seems a little more at peace. Is this a clam before a storm............. Does Jack go thru these periods highs and lows (when he swings low he is real low) Well I hope all of you have a great weekend talk to you soon.
Thanks for your unconditional support

Donna

Hi Donna, Good to hear from you. Did Pat get in touch with you? Yes, Jack has his good days and bad days. I think a lot has to do with not having his independence. He hasn't driven for a few months so he stays home all day unless someone drags him out of the house. He's very dependent on my daughter. She's working all day does a lot of driving and he wants to go here or there when she gets home. She's ready to take a short coma! We just got back from the Lacey Elks Jack's friend had a Halloween Party there for Jack. He has great friends! All we can do is Hang in there. Take one day at a time. Did you read Al's response to my post about our post.? I still have to laugh what and inspiring person. I wish Jack would join this Forum I think it would be enlightening. Bad weather coming Saturday afternoon , high winds . Batten down the hatches! Fondly, Beebe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back