Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Virginia
City
Madison Heights
Hi, about a month ago my left arm started to feel weird like it was weak and it hasn't gone away, I don't have any pain or any other symptoms except for a couple muscle twitches (not in the arm) and I'm just scared, any help would be greatly appreciated

If you're a student, go to student health. If not, see an internist or a neuro. Don't be scared -- the odds are you have nothing more than a poor diet/too little rest.

Your body might be lacking some vitamins and/or minerals and, perhaps that could be the reason of you feeling weak.
However, I am not a Doctor to be making any kind of diagnosis. You would be better off making an appointment with your GP and letting him/her find out the real reasons for your weakness.

NH

in all honesty, don't jump the gun...just go get a physical/check-up and tell the my your exact symptoms...ALS is not probably what is happening...but get your peace of mind...it could be something so minor...good luck and god bless

Hi, Catsacks

There are at least a million and one explanations for your symptoms, and the odds are that none of them involve ALS. Youv'e had some good advice from people who have a lot of experience of ALS, the hard way, so the sensible thing to do it is to take that advice. I understand why you should be scared, because ALS is a seriously scary disease, but you should focus on the fact that you are exceedingly unlikely to have it.

Of course you need to see a doctor to find out what's going on, but if it's ALS then I will eat my holiday hat, and put the video up on Youtube.

Good luck to you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back