Hi again, relation to Addison's disease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan1683

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
HI
City
Honolulu
Previous thread

I was posting here quite a few years ago on the main onset of my symptoms and I ended up going to the hospital one week after it slowly got worse until a month and it just got terrible where i would not be able to climb a flight of stairs without losing breath, 1-2 stairs too im talking about. No amount of water, gatorade, etc would fix it, it turned to dry heaving constantly for days, standing up and nearly fainting...i could go on.

eventually i went to the hospital and they noticed my salt content was 113 which is at the pt of near death and seizures. Slowly i was pumped with sodium over weeks in the hospital and regained some ability it was determined i dad addisons aka primary adrenal insufficiency. and i have started taking 25mg hydrocortisone and 0.1mg fludrocortisone for what is now about 2 years as i was dx in 06/2019.

The unfortunate thing i think it seems like most have the disease due to auto immune condition, my endo has stated that there was no diagnosis for that and they dont know why my adrenal glands stopped working. so im wondering again if i may have als as this past week or so some symptoms have reappeared esepcially the fatigue, my right arm twitching and full on weakness in my limbs. i want to attribute it to just an infection or cold but i was doing the same right before i got dx with addisons thinking it was just a regular illness.

Do you think its possible for me to have ALS or if you think there could be something else thats causing all this and has caused this? is there any relation to adrenal failure (addisons) and ALS? any other diseases that i might have? i have tried googling some things and was frightened by some of them which i saved this one

Any info or stories is appreciated!

I have no idea how you can get to ALS from adrenal insufficiency. There is no relationship, apart from both beginning with an A. However, adrenal issues can certainly relate to the reappearances you describe, as can hundreds of conditions such as viruses and lack of sleep.

There is no reason to return here or worry about ALS, but your primary care doc can baseline your strength and monitor you for anything that should be treated.

Best,
Laurie

Previous posts and discussion here:

I'm sorry that you have spent over four years of your young life worrying about a disease you have zero evidence of showing.

How you drew a conclusion between adrenal insufficiency and a neuromuscular disorder like ALS, I have no idea, but comparing the two is like comparing apples to airplanes.

Should you find yourself worrying about having ALS in the future, write a list of what you are grateful for in your life, things that you have to look forward to, and volunteer with those less fortunate. Perhaps that will guide you into healthier thinking instead of worrying about a rare terminal illness you do not have.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back