Hi. 29 Female, very scared. Just want some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scared01

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
29 year old female as of this month. Symptoms started 16 months ago. Body wide twitching, tremors (such as doing sit-ups my core shakes like a leaf!), tongue tremors and twitching, pins and needles, limbs fall asleep easily, tingling, shakiness, internal vibrations, etc. sometimes my dominant hand will feel stiff or start to hurt like pre cramp feeling after vacuuming or house work.

I have had a couple emgs but very early on to symptoms. I have brisk reflexes all over and also bilateral positive Hoffman’s sign.

16 months into all of it so far and still doing things normal. I’m worried about the tongue “flickers” when I stick it out that a neuro called tremors. And then the reflexes with Hoffman’s. I’m just feeling overwhelmed with worry. I’m so sorry to post here. I just feel there’s a lot of knowledge here! I’ve been cleared but I also have read where it can take a long time. Any insight?

Brisk reflexes and bilateral Hoffman’s are normal variants. So is tongue tremor especially when you stick it out. Sorry you are worried but 16 months of no failure normal emgs and an apparently normal exam does not sound like a reason to worry. See your doctor if you are concerned but your answer isn’t going to be here

Thank you for the reply!! My neuro said the tongue tremor was fine also and the reflexes but for some reason google makes it sure that it’s bad. I hate that. I need to stay off google, I know. But shew! I’ve also noticed my left calf is so much smaller than my right and my left hand smaller than right but looking back at pics it seems maybe always has? Either way, I need to chill. And yes I have had normal exam besides the reflex things!

You are totally right, you need to stay off Google. You are in a healthy body that is just as asymmetrical as everybody elses. Don't worry about a disease like ALS. You have been cleared. If you find it hard to put the worry at rest, please don't hesitate to find psychological counsel or treatment. You are possibly under a lot of stress and that has a bad way of taking over your body. Take good self-care, because you're worth it.

So you don’t think this sounds like ALS? I can do cartwheels in my house and even handstands. But I worry about the UMN stuff mostly. It’s tiring thinking about it!

If you had true umn findings your neurologist would not have cleared you. Everything you reported can be normal variants.

Doing cartwheels after 16 month of symptoms does not sound like ALS at all. You have been cleared. Put this forum at rest and maaayyybeee take a moment to think about whom you are telling you're doing cartwheels and handstands.
If you keep on worrying, look in another direction. Another user just today recommended good subreddits on anxiety, depression and BFS. Why not give that a shot? Coming to an ALS forum for answers was a long shot, too.

Gosh, you’re so right and I am SO sorry. I just wanted to give the whole picture but typical me to speak before thinking and not realizing the effects of my words. Letting my anxiety talk for me. I am truly sorry and I’m so grateful for the time you guys have spent responding. I’m taking your advice and leaving this forum and working on my anxiety. I don’t know how to delete this post or I would as now I’m realizing I should have never come here to ask these things. You all are amazing and I’ll continue to pray for those suffering. God Bless ❤️❤️

Thank you and take good care of yourself! Tackle that anxiety, it is super treatable and you will do great! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back