Diagnosis
11/2006
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Fairfax Station
70 years ago today, Lou Gehrig hit his 23rd career grand slam - a record that still stands. You know another thing that still stands with his name attached to it? This damn disease! It’s time to find a cure.

I'm 16, My dad has had ALS for about 2 years now. He sits in a wheelchair and all his muscles in his body have been affected.

I'm confident a Cure is close...

Amen to that, Josh. I am sorry to hear about your Dad, though. I bet you miss his abilities as much as he probably does. Regards, Cindy

Yeah. Every birthday we do the "Birthday Wish" thing...and for the past 2 years my wish has been to play catch with my dad one last time.

Josh, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. ALS is so hard on the family, especially the kids. My husband has ALS too, and I see how difficult it is for our daughter. She's 15 and it is a hard age without adding a parent with ALS to the mix. I'm glad you have found this site. There is alot of info, support and caring here. Let us know what we can do to help. Take care.

I just knew it would be a wish like that! I am sorry, Josh, and I know your Dad is too. Watch as many of his favorite teams as you can with him. If he is very weak, you might read him part of the sports pages once and awhile.

The best thing you can do for yourself is spend more time with him. The best thing you can do for him is show him what a fine young man he is raising. (That means, allow yourself to be a teenager but share some of your life with him at the same time.)

This is a big job for someone at your age, but I can tell you are up for it! And we will help any way we can!
Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back