Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry for your loss. I too am watching the love of my life suffer for this awful disease. Last October 2012 he was just fine, and than he was pushed into a FLU vaccine where he worked as a register nurse, and within 6 weeks he started slurring and stumbling. He is now completely disabled, and as of yesterday I had to do the hamlet procedure because he chocked on dinner. The CDC states that getting a flu vaccine is perfectly safe for the 99%, but for the 1% who have a adverse vaccine reaction its a acceptable loss.

I know no words can ease your pain right now, but I wanted to send you a message anyway to say you are in my thoughts and prayers. How comforted your husband must have been having you close. I hope the happy memories start to outway the sad soon.

So sorry to hear about your husband. I'm sitting here right now with my husband bedridden, on a ventilator and unable to speak and wondering when that day will be. I know that any caregiver that has gone through ALS is a strong person. Remember the good times and don't let the bad times with ALS take over. You are in my prayers. Debbie

I am sorry for your loss....I know I will be going done the same path . My Husband was diagnosed 13 months ago. .... And I was never sure if he had the dementia part. I was hoping you might help me.... You say he wasn't the husband you knew....sometime my husband seems like himself and others times I hate to say this but I hate him...I can't tell what's frustration and what's the disease. I am having thoughts of a nursing home because even with aides it's getting too much. He will curse at me and my kids they are adults but as a mom I want to protect them. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back