Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Hi everyone, i have received my appointment to go see Dr. Morgenlander. Dr. Bedlack says he is the best neurologist on the east coast. I will be going on the 30th of this month. I dont expect anything from the first visit as we all know he is going to make me do all those fun things like touch your nose and tap your thumbs! On a lighter note me and my gallbladder are on a showdown.... I ate hamburger helper the other night and thought for sure i would be in the hospital but the nausea and pain only lasted a few hours, so no go........... The holiday's will really test my will power! Best wishes, Sammantha

Hamburger Helper! you silly girl LOL. That can make even the healthiest cast iron digestive system hurt!

That is EXCELLENT news about your appointment!

Is Dr. Morgenlander at Duke? ... I'm excited for you! I may not be able check up on you right after your visit though, I've got an appointment too ~ my first ALS clinic visit down at Hopkins on the 30th, and we're thinking maybe drive the truck down instead of my mini, and take a few days for camping when its over. :smile: You can count on me keeping you in my thoughts that day though, and I want to read all about it when I can get back into cyberspace! ....... Now, don't you dare cancel for any reason!
big
, giant smiley hugs! ( (( (( :D )) )))

Sam,

I want to wish you luck with your appointment. Sorry to here you are not doing well with the gallbladder.
Please keep us posted about your appointment.

hang in there,

Good Lord girl. You're lucky to be alive after Hamburger Helper. That stuff gives me indigestion sooo bad. Kids used to love it. Glad to hear you're hanging in there.

AL.

HI Sam

I will keep you in my thoughts on the 30th and hope that you get closer to something...

quick question, it may be dumb. Did you say that your insurance problems kept you from gll bladder surgury?
If so, are you trying to go to the ER with an attack so that it will be covered? I thought that is what you ment by 'show down'? My father and sister have had thier's taken out, I have been told how painful it can be, ecsp. after fatty meal!

I wish you the best!

april

Yes Dr. morgenlander is at Duke...... My gallbladder was supposed to have been taken out but cancelled due to lack of funds.... So now i have to wait until it gets agitated and causes me to be really sick. Its just a matter of time, and then it would be considered an emergency and i could pay what i could on my hospital bill...... I do get some sort of solace at the fact there was test to prove it and it was proven....... It just blows my mind. Thank you everyone for your responses and thoughts... I am not even going to try and be funny because i am awfully down today. I am trying to figure out how i can pay my mortgage, and keep my electric and water from being turned off and my once happy go lucky husband is miserable every day. The boys still play ball and i try to make like i am happy. I am so greatful that i have them, they dont care if they are eating plain noodles or steak, they just want me there for them. Best wishes to all, Sammantha

Hi Sammantha. Americas healthcare system is a beast. (and other words that rhyme with things like itch)
I don't know what your situation is exactly, but I do know that here in SD people can get temporary food stamps, temporary energy assistance,etc.(you just call the power company and ask what assistance they can provide) Someone from your local Social Services dept. may be able to help. Through my church we also help with the local food pantry and a program called Clothe a Kid that helps folks in need. The two programs our church helps with are for people who are struggling, but don't meet the income guidlines for food stamps, or just plain don't want to deal with the State. I know in other nearby towns, they aren't run by churches.

Hang in there! You are doing good with what you have been dealt.

Cindy

Hey Sam

sometimes, all you can do is have a good cry and then wake up and see what you can do!
Hang in there...you are a strong women!

Samantha

Didn't know they still "make" hamburger helper?

Hope your gall is better today!

Patty

Sam, good luck tomorrow! Please let us know how it goes. big (((hugs)))

Sam,

Good luck tomorrow, keep us posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back