Here we go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Lou- good news! Let's hope the EMG is clean as well! And thanks for the vote of support.

Hi lou,

That sounds great, I agree with Leslie try a different path.
If you still have all your strength, and no weakness after one year of symtoms.
What did the ortho tell you do do about your shoulder tear. (I no he said you were not a candidate for
surgery)

crystal kk

This is good!

Dear Lou

Prayer is answered that they did not think they are looking at ALS!

Anyone that posts on this site would be thrilled to get two directors of ALS Clinics stating no ALS.

Will pray that after EMG the doctor will suggest where you are to go from there.

Smile, jump up and down, and have a date night with your wife to celebrate! :)

Patty

congrats on the news lou, but i know where you are.

I hope the EMG is normal, but where does this leave you. Well, don't give up and yes, you need to look into other possibilities....it's at least worth a try, which is where i am at.

rgds,

Jamie

Hi Mamaof two,

Sorry. That is not correct. It was not me as I know nothing about neurontin. I am being treated for MMN with IVIG. It is also a test in that if I respond to the IVIG, then I probably have MMN and if I don't then I probably have "Atypical ALs." I hope that helps clarify. OR maybe it was too much information.:-D Take Good Care, Peg

Sorry PegB, you are correct, it was MaryMck who posted

I found the post. I copied it for Lou to see (hope this doesn't contravene guidelines Al!)
Mary, if you have any further info on this, I know that I would love to hear it and Lou certainly would.......

"When I was at my neuro appointment last week for my FTD, I mentioned that my day time twitching in my legs seemed to be less since I've upped the gabapentin to 2400 mg to help with the night time cramps. She said if the twitching has lessened with gabapentin then it isn't ALS. But she has referred me to the ALS Research Clinic in Toronto. Interesting eh?"

FTD 2 yrs, ALS symptoms 1 year...more testing in progress. www.simplesite.com/mothermary

No problem here.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back