Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
tacoma
I feel like I have allot of weakness in my legs and lower back , hard to explain....when I stand and cook or clean . and when I bend kinda over the sink to wash my hair , just feels really weak , and my legs get a little shaky, this has happened before allot when I do this. My lower back feels weak and hurts . When standing up staright , doing dishes my legs feel weal also...… Weird sensation feeling! And the shaky leg thing

I also have had that in a arm happen after carrying allot!! Of heavy Items up steep stairs into my Place . I do have pain in both legs after going this stuff! Also right foot goes numb . Just odd feelings......The weakness feeling in my legs and back scare me....also my hands hurt and feel stiff....some muscle spasams in my leg and arm, but does not last ...but even taking a bath wears me out and and seems so hard to do , my ankles hurt , but so many areas just feel weak....even weaker when I try and work out , can't explain it all.....its hard too...does this point to ALS? When I flex my foot up, feels like legiments are being pulled ? Also If I hold my legs up to long , they get shaky also .And notice my back feels weak when doing that and starts to hurt
Thank you

Hi Marie, I've placed your question in the proper subforum. If you could also make sure to read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

This provides an overview of common concerns and some answers to what you have written. Regardless of your concerns, your first stop should be with a doctor. Your feelings of stiffness, pain, etc, generally point away from ALS. What these issues may mean is something your doctor can help you with.

Thank you, I do have Fibromyagia , they say..the muscle feeling weakness is kinda new to me, but have not worked out for along time.. And the muscle spasams or whatever they are called are pretty new , but don't last ...but that is what was concerning me, in my leg and arm.... mainly at night when falling asleep, but don't go on and on

Those sensations you describe are fairly typical for fibromyalgia.
Nothing you report sounds anything like ALS.

What about muscle loss , mainly in lower legs, looks strange to me, like loose skin, like ones get on their upper arms ….just weird looking

Bodies change over time. See your doctor if you’re concerned.

What about muscle loss? Mainly in my lower legs...….looks strange, like sagging skin, like the ones get in the upper arms.....and looks like a long indent when I flex them, you can see that more

Marie, please understand the people here have limited ability to provide you the medical attention you are asking for. You've repeated the same question twice, despite being asked to visit with your doctor. There really isn't much folk here can do other than repeat the answer Karen has already given you, which is that bodies can change over time and your doctor is who you should be seeing if you are concerned.

Feeling weak is a good thing. I feel absolutely normal. There are muscles that just don't work anymore. They feel like they should, no pain, no burning, no tiredness. You see, ALS effects the motor neurons only, leaving sensory neurons intact. So the fact you feel anything associated with the perceived weakness points away from ALS. Please see your physician and follow his advice. You need not be here.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back