Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a wonderful bunch of neurologists helping us to not get scammed. Also, there was a webinar (I think it was a NEALS one ) that showd the surgical equipment and technique used to implant the stem cells. Injecting stuff into the blood isn't going to get them into the cerebral-spinal system...i.e. the blood/brain barrier. We are all scared, but still need to make informed, intelligent decisions. Oh, I sure miss Allen's wisdom too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ALS Association is sponsoring a webinar about stem cell treatment next Tuesday. You can get info on how to sign up to view it live online from their website. They archive them so you can watch at your convenience. They also have a fb page and you can have their news feed sent to your "wall' or e-mail.

60 Minutes had a show about stem cell treatment done in another country. You can watch it online. What an "eye opener"!

We had a member. Shane, who went to Monterrey Mexico, at the legit hospital there. It did not work, but it didn't kill him either. Some of these clinics, in Germany and China are very dangerous.

twelve pals was in the first trial at emory u. the same 12 are being called back over a period of time. from what i read they will reverse the procedure this time. first time lower back, this time upper back. expect it will be some time before results are published but i am very optimistic. do not consider any overseas offer, not long ago china was doing stem cell for blind, local man did the $25,000 trip, still blind

Thanks everyone for your input. It so happened that my brother was so discourged with the progression of the disease that he decided to try the stem cell treatment in the Gulf Shores. I accompanied him. It was horrific for me!

Thanks everyone for your input. It so happened that my brother was so discourged with the progression of the disease that he decided to try the stem cell treatment. I accompanied him. It was horrific for me!

Whats happened?

All the best,

GKGK

What's happened?

Best,

GKGK

Last edited by a moderator:
It was horrific for me in the sense that my brother was dependent on me in every aspect. He appeared very scared and not communicating his feelings. Despite he got a definitive diagnosis he still does not want to accept it. He had deteriorated so much to me since I last saw him,that I had a very difficult time holding back my tears. I know that weeping was not course of action, but I just could not compose myself.
Anyway he had the procedure done and had a terrible reaction to the sedation. They used his own cells which they liposucked from his belly fat. So far he is doing well, he has gained back some weight and his saliva has lessened in his mouth. We now have to wait and see how he progresses. He is very anxious, which I think will slow the process down.
The possibility exists that he may not get the kind of results he expects, but is quite hopeful. I pray that he puts all of his affairs in order and relax. The Doctor has prescribed some antidepressants for him which is assisting him. I think he is now convinced that he cannot fly anymore and willUse the time to concentrate on liquidating his businesses.
God bless each and every one of you and I hope and pray that a cure is forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back