Status
Not open for further replies.
While you write...I was going to say that there are three threads on the forum that can help you out tremendously. One is the section you just posted in : General Discussion on ALS/MND, Tips & Gadgets, as well as CCALS or Current Caregivers of people with ALS. The first one will tell you general questions people pose...just browse through the threads...lots of good ?'s and answers there. The second tells you neat tips of how to help your pals with assistive devices and such(ie finding wheelchairs, recipes, typing assitance...etc. The last one CCALS is for you to go on to find direct support as a caregiver. All of the caregiver of people with ALS are on this thread to help each other on tough days and give advice if and when you need it.
Thanks for your advice. Keeping you and everyone in my prayers. I'll be reviewing the links you suggested.

It's all so overwhelming - so much to learn and heartbreaking to even do so.

I certainly hope you have a good support network and are receiving the help you need.

God Bless You!

Indeed, you are a good friend. Do you have any information on caregiving for someone with ALS? The MDA puts out a good "guide". It answers a number of questions.

I wish that there were some hope that a faith healer would be of service to your friend. The sad reality is that a journey to Brazil will take valuable time from your friend's life. It would be unbelievably stressful for body.
Thanks for your response. My heart goes out to you and that seems so trivial to say; I wish I could say something more eloquent.

I would love to read that guide you mentioned, but what is MDA and how do I find it?

I AM extremely skeptical about the faith healer stuff and truly hope my friend changes her mind about pursuing that avenue. Neither she nor I can really afford that trip and I agree it would be tremendously exhausting for her--to the point of hazardous--for her to go to Brazil. She is so week and mentally fragile right now and grasping for hope and help.

The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), has an ALS Division. There are two books that are very helpful. "Everyday Life With ALS: A Practical Guide", and "MDA ALS Caregiver's Guide". Just go their main website, and put your zip code in the indicated box. When you find your local office's phone number, call and request them. Good luck,

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back