Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Buford
I started having symptoms in Oct. 05, officially DX's in Mar. 06. It started in my leg and now both legs are involved and now my right arm is getting weaker. For about 3 weeks now I have been having sensory symptoms. My face and my head feel numb, by legs and feet feel numb and so does my tongue. For a week if I try to eat something I gag. I just can't seem to swallow without my gag reflex kicking in. Last night I thought my feet were freezing and in fact they were hot. Also my neck is really tight. I talked to my Dr. about it and all he seems to says is that sensory symptoms are not a part of ALS. Has anyone expereinced any of this? Any thoughts?
Lisa

Hi Lisa. I've seen people post here with some of the symptoms you have described but usually they haven't had a diagnosis and are looking for information on what they might have. I can't say that I've heard anyone describe all those symptoms with ALS. Have you started on any new medications or supplements lately? AL.

Lisa,
I'm not so sure sensory symptoms are not involved with als at least in my case. Last Oct. 05 one night I woke up and my whole body was numb. I had numbness in my face and still do some and in my left arm. Many times last fall I would have numbness in one leg or in one arm or both arms. And on the flip side, when I go to dentist now I don't feel the normal numbness[with the upper gums] one gets usually with the injection, it's like they have injected me not at all, I feel nothing. Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back