Help with my symptoms! Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing I forgot to ask. I’ve read some posts on the forum about this but the info seems a bit conflicting. If the EMG is done on hands and arms, would that be sufficient to rule out anything related to legs and/or feet?
Thanks for your time again.

Your story doesn’t suggest ALS. How about posting your EMG when you get the results and we’ll go from there.

Will do in a few days. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
My doc just called me, and the only info I got from her was this: The neurologist found evidence of "simple fasciculations, but no evidence of fibrillations" (My PCP said it's mostly because of anxiety.). I don't know if I will receive a copy of the EMG and NCS results.

So, back to my question: Do you think I will have another EMG for my legs, since my right leg is twitchy and crampy? Or IF there's an underlying cause, would it have showed up on the EMG of my arms and hands?

Thanks a lot in advance.

You have symptoms in your upper extremities. There is no need to have another emg You have the right to request any part of your medical record including the emg report if you want. However you were apparently already told twice only fasciculations so you are clear. Congratulations

I do have "symptoms" in my right thigh, calf, and foot, as well. So, based on the results of the upper extremities, you don't think another EMG of the lower body is necessary? Much appreciated.

You do not have ALS symptoms, so you can move on. Again, congratulations on a clean EMG, clean clinical exam and no ALS symptoms.

Best of luck to you in your life. Take good care.

Thanks so much for the help.

So sorry for posting again, but I thought maybe someone can help.
I’ve had some tongue symptoms recently. I keep choking on water and food. Also, I had slurred speech yesterday. For the first time.
Can someone please tell me if anything related to the bulbar region is fully identifiable by an EMG of upper extremities? Do I need to talk to my PCP about a Bulbar EMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back