Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
West Palm
Hello all. Looking for a bit of help and insight into my current situation. My Name is Joey. Im 31 years old. I am decently fit and love sports as well as many other activities. Over the past several months I have been experiencing symptoms that the doctors I have been to can not find the root of.

I will start with my timeline of symptoms and how I noticed them. The first symptom I noticed started around April of 21' When I was brushing my teeth I would notice my tongue would get fatigued very fast while brushing and it would do the same when swishing mouthwash. After a few swishes my mouth and neck would become very fatigued. The next symptom was also while brushing my teeth I noticed it felt very strange while brushing in my dominant hand. It felt like I was using my opposite hand. I felt as if I wasn't in full control almost. These symptoms have persisted and are worse some days than others. The strangest symptom was when I would get out of the shower to dry myself, it felt like my hands were not holding the towel correctly. Like i was going to drop the towel constantly while drying myself. It felt very strange.

My next symptom I noticed was a tiredness in my jaw while speaking. It would get tired very quickly and my voice would feel weak. The tone of my voice would not change just the strength was no there. It felt like it would take alot of energy to talk. Again this symptom persists and is worse sometimes more than others.

When these symptoms popped up I went to my GP and a local Med care as well as took a week off of work to try and rest myself. I had bloodwork done testing for numerous things as well as a Ekg to test my heart. Everything came back clean. My GP said it might be anxiety which I do not think is the case.

After those two appointments I noticed more Symptoms start to occur. I noticed it was harder and harder for me to work out as well as my muscles always being very fatigued. I also noticed muscle twitches start to come all over the body. I would get Twitches in my hands and fingers, Chest muscles, Bicep ETC. Also I found it more difficult to flex my muscles. It would take a lot of energy to do so. Also when walking my balance would feel off. I haven't fallen down, but definitely have to correct myself many more times than I normally. would.

The next symptom while dealing with this is I noticed a small pain and weakness in my right leg. It would form near the hamstring and go behind the knee to the top of my calf. It has not made me limp yet but it is a constant slight pain/ ache/ almost cramp and weakness. It makes me want to stretch my leg constantly.

After this I scheduled an appointment with my local neurologist to be examined. It took about a month for the appointment and the symptoms stayed about the same. He examined me quickly and said he thinks I am fine and no issues. That was Oct 21'

Since then I have cleaned up my diet and exercised a little more but the symptoms still persist and I think they might be progressing. My hands have trouble sometimes holding some things. I also play a decent amount of video games and I feel a strange sensation from my neck to my hands. Not a tingling not a numbness but a strange feeling. Also my right leg is still weak and has pain on the inside of my knee and feels tight. Also my jaw still tires quickly. Chewing gum tires it out rapidly. Overall very tired, going to sleep earlier and not being able to get up in the morning. The only symptom that seemed to go down a bit was the twitching. I still have twitches but around Early November they were much worse.

A little background on myself, I am normally healthy, no underlying conditions, No prior surgery besides wisdom teeth removed. My Maternal Grandmother did have MS. I don't have a medical background, but spent a lot of time around the medical field as a child and now supply medical supplies to hospital for a living.

I guess the next step would be for a few more tests like an MRI and EMG but i wanted to see if anyone here had symptoms like mine early in the process or knows of anyone with a similar situation.

Thank you for reading and your help.

Happy Holidays

Joe

Hi Joe

That sure is a lot of things happening, and a lot of sensation and fatigue.
Have a good slow read through here to help you sort some things out.

PALS don't feel all those things like fatigue, unbalanced but don't fall. They feel completely normal and are truly surprised that muscles begin failing - they simply can't do things. When PALS fall, they don't feel unbalanced, they are doing something, then they are on the ground because muscles simply failed. Again, they are very surprised.

Finally, twitching means nothing, so don't even think about them as the problem since you are not having failure of muscles. Truly, that is what a doctor finds in examination, even when a neurologist seems to check you briefly, they find clinical weakness if it is there.

I am guessing the next step is back to your PCP and discuss the next steps - we are not doctors and can't examine you so that's about all the help we can really be. I hope you get this sorted soon.

“He examined me quickly and said he thinks I am fine and no
issues.”

Jwinston, Neurologists are highly educated and highly trained.
With years of experience seeing MND patients, they have their
observational, I’ll call ‘em, “secrets”, while you are in the exam
room... watching your movements, speech, before the actual
physical exam and after during closing discussion.
I won’t list them.

See your PCP soon and take “Affected" advice above ‘til then.

Agreed it sounds systemic if anything and your GP is the best port of call to continue to rule out everything from Covid to Lyme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back