Help with daily care may be available through Medicare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson, I peeked at the part about “Home Health Agencies” and wrongly denied Home Care. It’s true! If we had not kept talking, we would not have the hours we have now. A social worker from Fairview Home Care said we could lose or not get several hours while in fact they ended up being increased.

That same social worker kept babbling about a country assistance program. We kept telling her we were not eligible as our income was far beyond the limits. She just was not hearing it. I swear it was because of the neighborhood we live in.

We were also told by the ALS Society that “no one really gets” the hours they are eligible for under Medicare. Not true. We have.

So true Kim a lot of choices are made based on finances. I am glad for what the vets get too. I just think it’s what all PALS should get.

Me, too, Lenore.

I've seen first-hand some PALS who just stayed in bed until they died. Our loan closet was empty, one had no wheelchair, and no supplement to pay for the Trilogy co-pay.

That just isn't right.

Kim that’s awful. The loan closet here has been a treasure trove. Wheelchair? Heck they had a power chair! Brian did not want it, but they had it. The portable shower was life changing, free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back