Help really worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry my run on sentence is not appropriate grammar for you, I am not the best at writing unfortunately . In the ' wall of text' I was just trying to show my appreciation for your help you have all given and how much it meant to me. I had also mentioned previously about waking up during the night with numb hands and fingers and was wondering if this could be linked .

Yes of course I am worried there is no doubt about that but I am trying my best to deal with it while trying to get my appointment sorted . I now have clear muscle atrophy in my leg and constant fasculations as I have said before and I thought that was a symptom of this horrible illness hence the reason I have been so worried with no appointment. I have attached a picture 4 months apart with no difference in excercise etc.

Once again thank you for the help and I will refrain from posting if it is causing you any trouble before I get an appointment.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210119-082004_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119-082004_Gallery.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 211
Numb hands are pointing away from ALS. They aren’t a symptom of ALS.

I can’t tell anything from pictures. I hope you can at least get a video appointment so you can talk to a doctor and show them your areas of concern.

we don’t need super grammarians but throwing in spaces between thoughts as you did in the last post is extremely helpful to anyone trying to read

let us know what the doctor says I hope you get answers soon

No problem , I hope so too its been a really worrying time.

I have definitely lost muscle there 100 per cent and the fasculations are constant do you know if I would have weakness by now if MND was the case ? As it stands I have no clinical weakness just atrophy and fascs .

Once again thank you for your correspondence during this unprecedented time where I cannot get any real medical help any time soon

Thank you so much

In MND the usual sequence is weakness twitching then some time later atrophy

As Nikki said, atrophy in ALS (or any disorder, really) comes from disuse. What this means for those with ALS, is if you are unable to go up on your toes or back on your heels, this inability would manifest itself in the beginnings of atrophy in your calf. Drop foot would become more pronounced, and eventually, tripping and falls would lead to an inability to walk without the use of cane and a leg brace. This inability would spread from limb to limb, then bringing in the need for a wheelchair. From there the disease spreads from arm to arm and so on. ALS spreads from one part of the body to the next- it does not go all over all at once, with wide spread twitching all over the body and atrophy in a limb that you can still fully use. That is not how atrophy in the human body works. No use= reduced muscle mass= atrophy.

Hope this helps.

Take good care

Hi guys thanks once again for the help and advice , just a quick update I managed to speak to a neuro who suggested the fasculations in both my calves could be due to something called spondylosis , wondering if anyone has heard of that causing fascs 24 7 before ? he wants me to monitor symptoms in the coming weeks with a view to possible further tests . Thanks guys

Yes it could. Let us know when you get a diagnosis

I have not received any confirmed diagnosis nikki the neuro just said he thinks it could be spondylosis

Yes, Nikki is suggesting that when you do get a diagnosis, stop by and share it, which helps others.

Yes when you get a diagnosis whatever it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back