Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Wilson
Does Als come on this fast ??? Two weeks ago I started having twitching that began in my temple on my head and now it’s relentless and everywhere , I’ve been to the dr twice and done clinical exams with no problem within the last week, well last night after I took all my ssri and anxiety meds I decided to smoke some marijuana (legal for me) and I blacked out and suffered a fall , it was triggered by a panic attack because I thought my thumb was cramping, so now the thumb bends all the way to the side and is painful and red partially swollen but the bones were intact on the X-ray , I am 26 and black male, I’ve pretty much accepted what’s happening to me , I can pull my thumb to the side and pop it back into place and when I try to use it it jerks like a spasm the other way , could this be a coincidence and I fell on it when I passed out or have anyone had onset like this? I’ve also had extreme insomnia along w the twitching , it was actually getting better but since I’ve suffered a fall I know my fate now and accept it, any input would be greatly appreciated :/ I’m scared

Hi there, please this: Read Before Posting and hopefully it should reassure you.

There is nothing in what you have posted that indicates concern for ALS. What does come across is an enormous amount of health anxiety, which is something this forum really can't provide proper help for. There's a forum No More Panic that's excellent, as well r/ MuscleTwitch on reddit.

Please take care

But my thumb is going the opposite way like a cramp? And my middle finger is sore and hurts too and I suffered a fall? Do als cramping of the hands cause pain ? And redness and swelling? I thought the disease was mostly painless , how likely is it for 26 yr old black male?

Hi, please read the link provided. And no, it does not cause thumbs to go in the opposite direction nor redness and swelling. These are things you can have addressed by your doctor and not an ALS forum.

Not at all. Please stop already as you have had excellent advice. Further, you have been provided a website for you to read that can lessen your worries. Please be respectful and read it. I have also pasted a link that is also helpful and within the same forum.

Take good care and goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back