Other
Country
US
State
il
City
Chicago
Hello Everyone,

Many thanks for what you guys do ahead of time. To start, My 1st appointment is tomorrow with my GP, so I haven't been referred to a neurologist yet, but want to get some feedback before i go, so i can ask some good questions. Brief history, im on some drugs for crohns' (humira, methotraxate, etocort and klonopin for anxiety) so i know that can complicate the picture a little, but its to the docs to figure it out i guess.

Anyway, bout a month ago, i started to have pain in my calves. It really feels like soreness, more than anything else. Also, my feet would get cold from time to time. The pain gets worse after a i workout, but honestly, i always work out and have never had that. I also went to the gym and did my regular chest workout last week and was able to lift same weight as before my calf pain with no issues, so dont know if that matters at all. I have the muscle twitching, but i have always had that and not just in one area. Of curse i made the mistake of visiting dr google all night and ended up here, so the whole thing about making my self anxious by reading the internet is out of the window. Im, basically shaking at this point and terrified I have ALS.

Sorry to ramble.

If you can spend hours on Google, then you can spend five minutes reading the stickies in this forum.

So your concern is bilateral calf pain, is that correct? Not a symptom of beginning ALS fortunately. See what your doctor finds
If you have always been a twitcher you know some people just twitch and it is annoying but benign
Best of luck

>then you can spend five minutes reading the stickies in this forum.

Ditto that!

I did read the sticky, but its always somewhat re assuring to hear from experienced folks like you provide feedback. Sort of like when you go to the doctor and after you leave, you somehow feel better right away, even before starting to take medicine. You guys can piece together things much better than worry worts, that connect everything back to the most extreme case and are able to look at the entire picture.

Its just re-assuring and once again thanks for the great job you do.

see your gp before getting worried. we are not docs, so be patient ...

#10 Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. It is what leads many folks here to this forum -- it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can -- if you cannot stay away and off this forum it should tell you something important!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back