Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Covington
I am not sure how to start a thread so I am praying someone can help me with some advice! Please respond. My symptoms started 5 years ago with a tongue twitch I could feel and scalloped tongue..upon exam I do have what appears to be some atrophy in my hands and ankles. I also had bodywide twitches. My tongue stopped so I just moved on..as 3 docs told me I was okay. So about 2 months ago while 9 months pregnant my tongue started again. I also have really bad teeth marks on my tongue and when I apply pressure to my tongue it spasms EVERYWHERE and I cant feel it. I have VERY brisk reflexes in both legs and a weird crawly sensation in both feel and up one leg at all times. I also have a constant fasiculation I cant feel on my foot that never stops. I get a heavy feeling very often in my left leg and arm. I twitch EVERYWHERE everyday it feels like popcorn under my skin. I also have where they tap your chin and your face twitches..My lips,face,legs,arms you name it its constant...Heres the thing I just had an EMG on both legs,arms,and one under my chin 2 weeks ago and my neuro says despite my symptoms its not ALS? I have been biting my mouth,and it feels like I chew and chew when I eat. PLEASE someone help as I am confused and dont know what to do..I have a six week old baby I have to take care of and my depression over this is taking over any advice would be great!

MLP, first, this thread belongs in the "Is This ALS?" section.
If >1 neuro has told you that you do not have a neuro disorder, I would do everything you would tell a friend in the same situation to do: relax, re-evaluate and recharge. It is quite possible that you can give yourself the gift of the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back