Loved one DX
Country
IN
State
U.P
City
Hardoi
Hi,

My uncle was diagnosed with ALS three months before. After that the disease is spreading very quickly. We tried several doctors but none of them gave any positive response.

But very recently I googled Wu Stem Cells Medical Center in China and contacted them. They gave a positive response saying they can cure or atleast stop it from spreading more with the help of Stem Cell treatment.

Is going for stem cell treatment is a viable option? Does it really help?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sad news about your uncle.

My husband did a lot of research regarding stem cells when I was diagnosed in April. There are several such private enterprises around the globe and he looked at some in China, Mexico and Germany. Many appear to be dubious and seemingly eager to prey upon the desperate and vulnerable.

We are therefore pinning our hopes on the recent American and Israeli efforts.

Good luck in your search.

NO , please do not do any stem cells in China or Germany.

Your best bet is to look into the clinical trials that are legitimate. I'm afraid that the ones in China, Mexico and Germany will just separate you from your money. Check into the ones in Israel and in the U.S.

I believe that if any country HAD a cure for ALS it would be BIG news and they would be hailed as heroes. It would not be secret. It would help Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and many other neuron diseases. So saying that...I wouldn't look to China. If they really had the answer we would know.

The only drug that has been shown effective in slowing the disease is Riluzole at a dose of 2x50 mg orally and is an integral part of the guidelines for the treatment of this disease.
With regard to your question it is important to note that to date there is no evidence on the effectiveness of the following products:

• Vitamin
  • Testosterone
  • Coenzyme Q10
  • Ekstsrakta ginkgo biloba
  • Cyclosporine
  • Intravenous immunoglobulin
  • Interferon
  • Kopaksona
  • Minocycline
  • VEGF
  • Stem cell transplant

Good luck !

Nikola

Everyone thanks again fr replying to my query.
Hope this will help my family to make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back