Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
NS
City
Grenfell
I feel like a fool posting this but i am legitimately worried.
I'm a 31 year old father of 2 who usually notices things like this pretty soon after they happen ( anxiety be like that )
Last week I discovered that when I lift my right foot, 9 times out of ten my big toe just hangs down, like it bends at the first joint and all, there's like no tension in it
I can raise it up though still with focus, and can lift my foot sith the toe in normal position but i have to consciously hold it up, it's not like the other foot where it just does it normally.

I can still stand on and walk on tippy toes, stand and walk on my heels, and point all my toes straight up and down.

Though about walking, i feel like I'm walking normally, but my right foot tends to scrape the ground lightly with the front big pad of the foot before my heel then toes touch down.. it's hard to describe?

Am I being silly?, I'm really worrying about this

Attachments

• 20201129_071418.jpg
    20201129_071418.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 241
I wouldn't be worried about ALS particularly, but to rule out something that should be looked at, you could do a video call with a podiatrist.

Best,
Laurie

My mind can't help but think this is the early manifestation of als and that the rest of my piggies will start dropping and I'll start to lose the ability to move them.
I'm a crazy person, I completely agree.

I have never heard of ALS onset in a single toe. Anyway, the sooner you run this by a clinician, the sooner your mind can be at ease. You might also want to check your shoes/insoles, of course.

Update: I now have weakness in the toe and am unable to lift things with it ( i know that sounds odd )
My GP has ordered a EMG to rule out ALS for my worries and to investigate the issue in general.
I'm losing my mind with worry and the neurologist doesn't open back up for another 5 days to make the booking.

Again, I would try for a podiatry consult but equally so this is not how ALS begins. It is likely a toe injury. Try not to "lose your mind" meanwhile.

You're a incredibly kind and reassuring person, thankyou, hopefully I get good results and can relax just a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back