Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Gorevill
lately i have been haveing very wierd things going on with my muscles. my thubs and pointer finger seem to shake constintly and i have random muscle twitches all over my body. my tounge has also been twitching when i look at it in the mirror while it is as rest. i have also been finding it a little harder to do things like type, i seem to hit the worng keys alot. its all just worring me alot i know its realy rare but i just cant get it out of my head. does this sound like als? i would really appriciate it if you would post and help me out i cant even focus. :cry:

Ha! Goreville use to be part of my navy recruiting territory back in the 80's!

First off, the average age of onset for ALS is 50.

2nd. No, this doesn't sound like a case of ALS to me.

Thank you that eased my mind some...the twitches can be anyware and most of the time i can feel them. the only ones i can really tell are the ones on my tounge but when i look at it it doesnt jerk alot just slightly. And im not sure if its in my head but some days seem worse than others. i have had some anxiety lately but i noticed my hands shaking for about 2 months other symptoms about the same. i dont know if it has got worse or not at times it seems it has and other times it doesnt...im just tired of worrying all the time that my life could get cut so short....and wow what i quensidence you probaly went to my school... navy recurters still come onece or twice a year.

Andrew, it does sound like a dose of GO OGLE anxiety. But you should see a doctor regardless. It's a great way to get reassurance. You are way too young to be worried about a very rare terminal illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back