Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
CA
City
Riverside
Hi everyone, I really need your help. Two weeks before taking a big exam around the begining of October 2016, And under a lot of stress from work, I started twitching on my left index finger on and off. I also started getting twitches all over my body a little after that, and left side of face felt numb sometimes. I made an appointment with the Neuro and she sent me to get an MIR. On the second visit she informed me that the MIR came back clean, I told her that the finger twitching had stopped, but I still had body twitches mainly at night or when at rest. She did quich strength test, by pushing my feet out and then pressing her hands and other basic test and said everything look good, but if I wanted I could get an EMG and NCS to ruled out ALS mostly for my piece of mind since I looked really stressed out, which I agreed. I am schedule for Jan 9th 2017. I am now waiting, but have noticed that twitching has increased while at rest, also since last week my feet, hands and forearms fell like they are about to cramp but don't. While at sleep yesterday I noticed that I had a couple of muscle spasm where my leg of arm would move a little. Ever since the Dr told me about those test I have been suffering thru extreme anxiety, and about to go crazy going on the internet every chance I get. I want to also clarify that I don't have any muscle weakness. I don't know if my symptoms are being caused by stress??? I have a 10 month old and Wife that need me, I am really scared. I have been looking for "are faculations in ALS widespread or focal" or like does twitching happen after weakness, things like that.....I am a ball of nerves!!!! Really need help!!!

Forget about it Andy, go on and enjoy life. If you found out the worst and I highly highly doubt that will happen, what are going to do... nothing... so caring on with your wife and child and stop being so foolish. You only live once so do not waste valuable time.

Thank you for the advise!! I am really concerned about the symptoms, and need somebody to give me some clarity and hope, I really need to clear my mine I have tremendous anxiety.

I can't believe the respect that I have for the people living with this, they are thru heroes

We are not neros. or doctors, but two neros have given you what should be relief and piece of mind. Go relax and put your life to good use.
Al

Ok no weakness means no ALS. You were examined by a neurologist who found nothing to worry about. ALS has an abnormal clinical exam. Twitches and jerks mean nothing at all so you have no concerning symptoms and no signs on clinical exam. The EMG is an attempt to make you feel better not because you need it. Stress will ruin you so fix that instead of chasing ALS which was ruled out already by your exam

Andy, you know this is anxiety, so get that fixed. There are anti-anxiety meds that your family medical PCP can prescribe. This can eat up your life, destroy your marriage, and affect your child. Get the proper help now.

Thanks Al, Nikki and Mike.

The widespread twitches have me nervous. The last time I went to the Neuro, I didn't have the jerking just got that today. I also read on another site that you could have twitches before weakness. My Neuro only did a basic test, same one she did the first time I saw her which involved sitting and standing up, walking in a straight line, pull me in, pull me out.

Mike is right I do have anxiety, and need to get help, just the symptom are killing me. Glad I found this Forum, and I am blessed tha you guys are taking the time to answer me.

Anxiety is the biggest source of twitching.

Twitches are common to so many conditions that they are useless for diagnosing ALS. They mean nothing as far as the question "Do I Have ALS" is concerned.

Just a note that this is not an anxiety forum. You know that's the issue but people here are dealing with a terminal illness and aren't able to focus on putting your mind at ease.

You know it's anxiety, seek treatment and find a forum focused on that so you learn some coping techniques. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back