Help! Anyone here a plumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Keri, I hope this problem is fixed pronto for you... always something happening that we just don't need? Loving the Olympics too! L

Well, here is the update. The handyman came, turns out there was a major plug 15' from the house, so he flushed the line from outside. BUT, my guest bathroom where the whole nightmare started still does not work! He said there is something really hard stuck in there, and I cannot imagine what. The Bengal cat knocked over something and flushed it? (That is actually possible) So, now at least we are able to use our showers, the mstr toilet and laundry. The dishwasher wasnt effected so now I am doing dishes too. Might have to replace the guest toilet all together. More money and another stress call to my dad. What are the odds he will be in a good mood 2 phone calls in a row?! PLUS, my daughter just called, and she was in a car accident where she rear ended someone. (of course at her age and the clunker of a car she has to get around in she has liability only) So, now gotta see what the damage is there. She is okay, thank GOD! .....and the saga continues!
HUGS TO ALL!
Kari

And I so fondly remember the days when I couldnt wait for the kids to grow up!HUGS Lori

Oh Keri, I remember those days so well...... Thanks goodness no one was hurt. I hope not much damage... Hugs, Linda

Hey Kari:
Rat here. I'm very glad he found the obstruction. Since your trouble began in the guest bathroom, but they clog was found 15 feet from the house, I wonder if the original clog was in the guest bathroom and part of that broke off and ended up down line. Did handy man have any idea what the original clog was made of(hair, Greece--whoops that's too big, I meant grease, shouldn't my voice recognition software know the difference? poo, little toy boat, sanitary you know what's?). What you need is a cultured yet obedient sewer rat, but don't look at me as my swimming days are over(unless I have a life preserver). Anyway, don't let me give you any ideas that could cause you any grief. But, if the obstruction is organic, another pals suggested lots of hot water. Something to consider if you have any spare time, ha, just kidding. Sorry, maybe I can do better with daughter's situation. When teenage son, Chris was a senior, he and girlfriend(she was driving) were run off the road and hit a telephone pole. The car should have been fully covered, yet we had only retained liability, and it was totaled. The good news: she was\is Wonderful, and they are now married and unbelievably happy, soulmates. Your day can only get better.--JK
BTW-if it's a little toy boat, see if any of your neighbors have a G.I. Joe.

Kari, IF it is trapped in the toilet the plumber should be able to remove the toilet-remove the obstruction from the toilet and reset the toilet with a new wax ring! Thank God your daughter is ok! hugs

Well, crap! The toilets are fixed, my daughter is in one piece, we survived the week. I started this thread because I wanted to see if I could fix things without worrying my father. I eventually had to call him and get financial help, I had no choice. He did fine, told me no problem, the check is in the mail and went back to watching the olympics. I always try and keep ANY stressful thing away from my parents, with my dad since his diagnosed any little stress and it sets him WAY BACK. So, my sister, (um yea, we dont get along much at all - we dont view things even from the same planet most of the time) she goes and calls him about the car accident my daughter was in since she is my daughters insurance agent and in the same phone call tells my dad that the plumbing issue here was worse than expected and that her boyfriend will need more money to fix it. She doesnt call and just toss this info in the middle of a conversation, she called specifically knowing that it would upset my dad. WHY?! I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS! According to my mom, my dad was shaking after that phone call and went to sleep in the middle of the day. That was yesterday. Now he is sick with a really bad cough, and his slurring is back! What was she thinking? I emailed my mom today and told her that I am really pissed off at my sister, my daughters car will be okay with some gorilla glue, everything is fine, not to worry about anything, not to even worry about me going off on my sister. (I dont even bother to talk to her, she just doesnt get it, so why try!) I know how they get when they are stressed, and if I called it may have just stressed my dad out thinking something else had gone wrong. Things are so touchy! URG! My sister is flying down to AZ this weekend so I am going to let them be for now, I just hope and pray my dad is able to get well again! Sorry for the rant guys!

Kari, rant and rave all you like.

I am glad all is fixed and I hope your father recovers.
Sometimes family can be so uncaring (thats a polite word for what I am thinking)

cheers
Peter

THANK YOU PETER!
Hugs Mate! ....Kari

Since she is your insurance carrier, she should be reported immediately to the International Department of Insurance-related Offenses for Termination (IDIOT). If you give me a few minutes, I'll google it for the address.
Or, you could go to your daughter's old dollhouse and find a miniature toilet stool, write your sister's name on it, and then" plug it up with things"--your own little voodoo toilet. --JK

Some folks just don't have a clue....... Sorry your sister is one. Mine is too.. I can relate.. Sorry , Big hugs today..L

ERRRRRRR! Now my daughter talked to my sister, (her aunt that I dont speak with) and my sister is saying that I am on this site so much because, and get this....I am trying to be a hero! What? When my grandmother had Alzheimers when I was a teen, I took a college class about dementia. I was there for her. When my grandfather was sick and dying of prostate cancer my daughter was only like 3 years old and we went EVERY DAY after my work and spent time with him in the nursing home. My sister went to visit at one point, and my grandfather, who was in pain, snapped at her and she never went back to see him. I cannot believe we share mitochondrial DNA! Now she is spending time with my parents on her own this weekend in AZ and I would bet knowing her history in dissing me she will talk about how much I am just trying to be a pathetic hero. Wow, I know people handle things differently, but she needs to move on and quit bashing me and upsetting my dad. My daughter talked to my dad yesterday and she said it was absolutely the worst she has ever heard him sound. I cannot even bring myself to call him at this point, I am being selfish because I will get even MORE upset than I am already about all of this. Plus my sister is there, no thanks. URG....sorry I am still ranting and raving!.........Hugs to you for listening!....Kari

Kari, you are a hero to me! And Mom always liked you best :p:p

I am sorry that your sister feels that she has to bring herself up by trying to bring you down. Some people are like that, it is easier to denigrate someone else than to improve themselves or deal with difficult situations. Rant anytime you want, what are friends for?

Barry

Oh Barry that is so sweet of you to say! Is your mom on here? You made me smile hun, thank you so much!
Rat - you articulated that so well! Thank you so much for being there for me! Your guys support means so so much to me, I cannot even try to express how much I appreciate you!
Hugs, Kari

Gosh I think my sister and yours came from the same planet.... She sounds just like my younger sister. Always putting me down to my Mom.. I just have given up. That is a whole story that I don't have the time to waste on.... You are so good to your Mom and Dad . It sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me? I wish you were my younget sister..smile! Hugs, linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back