Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if he is bulbar onset, as nobody has really spoken to me yet about the details of his disease. Quite frankly, I am very concerned for the kids. I know FALS is rare, but I do want to be prepared. And thank you for the opinion on the NutriBullet -- I have never owned or used any such machine, so this is valuable information.

Exactly, on all points. Thank you. It is a shame that money has to even be part of this horrible enough dialogue.

I'm worried about all of that, Gooseberry! And the delayed emotions resulting from these inabilities.

Thank you Three Great Kids for wanting to be there for your ex and your kids. I am legally separated myself and I fully understand how the ex's siblings and all can be. But, it should be up to your ex as to rather or not he wants or accepts your help. Be as civil as you can to his siblings but don't let them get to you either. But, I also like Mike's idea of the kids being the one's to bring food over if there is alot of friction. Your ex doesn't need anymore stress then he always has right now. Thanks for caring. I know alot of people who are compassionate and caring to their ex-spouses after a split. My cousin took her ex into her home and cared for him 24/7 before he passed away. Just because a marriage doesn't work out it doesn't always mean we don't care about that person anymore. Kim

Thank you Three Great Kids for wanting to be there for your ex and your kids. I am legally separated myself and I fully understand how the ex's siblings and all can be. But, it should be up to your ex as to rather or not he wants or accepts your help. Be as civil as you can to his siblings but don't let them get to you either. But, I also like Mike's idea of the kids being the one's to bring food over if there is alot of friction. Your ex doesn't need anymore stress then he always has right now. Thanks for caring. I know alot of people who are compassionate and caring to their ex-spouses after a split. My cousin took her ex into her home and cared for him 24/7 before he passed away. Just because a marriage doesn't work out it doesn't always mean we don't care about that person anymore. Kim

Thanks for your kind words, Kim. There is no road map for this situation. The twins are heading off to their first year of college. and my 23-year-old has offered to move in with his dad. This, along with wanting to help in general, is another reason I would like to be on board to help. He will need some breaks. I understand the care for this disease is relentless. Thanks again for kind words.
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back