Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
az
City
glendale
For the last few days I've had this tingling sensation in my arms and hands...as if my shoulders are tired. It's not as if I can't pick anything up or such...but, I definately don't want to hold onto things for too long. For example: The other day I was in the sun watching my sons football game...had to put arms up to shield my eyes...every minute or so I had to switch arms.

Last year I had an EMG and spinal tap all were negative. But that was last year...is it possible things could have changed.

Or...if anyone knows...what leads to general weekness feeling in the shoulders?

Thanks in advance...I hate being scared and that may not be helping the situation.

Hi there. It could be a pinched nerve in the neck. See a doc if it continues into next week to ease your mind. Things can change over a year. What were they looking for last year?

AL.

Al,

Last year or so I started having some double vision, which tended to be when I looked down only, for example when urinating I saw two streams. The initial concern was MG...After serveral tests (MG, spinal tap, blood, etc) nothing was found and the double vision has not progressed any...also recently my neuro had me have some sort of blood test, acyeto-something, and some sort of mail-order genetics test which was negative.

Anything else ALS-like I should be looking for? I hate being concerned like this, but this feeling like tingling/weekness in my fingers, hands and shoulders has me VERY concerned...

Thanks again.

Al,

One more thing...with ALS do symptoms come and go, or tend to stay and progress?

Thanks.

Tingling sensations from shoulders down to fingers in both arms is not something that is typically associated with ALS. It sounds more like a slipped disc or a nerve impingement.

No . . . ALS symptoms do not come and go. The rate of progression will vary but there is progression none-the-less.

Relax and let your neuro figure it out. Right now, I wouldn't be concerned about ALS.

ALS symptoms tend to stay once you have them. Double vision isn't usually a symptom. Wright may have a better idea of other things it may be.

AL.

Al, thank you for the insight...you have been a relief...bless you for all your work

Everybody tries to help out here but thanks anyway.

AL.

Oops, that was for you to Wright...cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back