Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in a bit of a panic this morning. I woke up and decided to go for a walk, clear my mind, etc. I walked about a mile and when I got home laid back down to rest. My legs absolutely went crazy. Not the jerking spasms but the creepy crawly kind, all over. Felt like bugs were crawling all over my legs of something. Mostly the tops of my legs. If anyone has any insight to that I’d love to hear it. If not, just typing it out is therapeutic for me. Thanks for reading.

Desha, you wrote...

" If not, just typing it out is therapeutic for me."

This is not a therapeutic web site.

We just had a Thread that went 5 pages... the poster does not have ALS and did not have ALS. So far he leads 2018 for a 5 page Thread. The nearest runner up he has is Mihu's Thread "Concerned" of 9/20/17 that went 4 pages before Nikki closed it for his own good.

Until you have an EMG... posting new symptom and your fears will not accomplish a thing.

I hope some doctor will help you onto a worry free/med free healthy life.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, I was just trying to say I didn’t necessarily expect someone to have an answer for me. I just thought I’d ask in case someone did have experience. I do journal everyday, so I’m not trying to turn this thread into my therapeutic ramblings. I don’t post every new symptom, that was just especially frightening so I thought I would ask.

Dasha, I say this kindly. You wrote...

"Thank you Laurie, I was hoping you would reply as I have already saw you giving good advice to others."

Dasha, you've heard from one of the best and very knowledgeable members. Nowhere
has she mentioned the possibility of ALS.

Maybe the best therapy you can give yourself is to stop reading this Forum. Without
going back I think she recommended you try to focus on other things.

Work with your doctors. Again, I hope one of them leads you to an anxiety free
and med free healthy life.

Again, I apologize. I’m just scared. I’ll go into my appointment tomorrow in the best spirit possible and won’t post again until I have some sort of update.

I had a follow-up today with my neurologist at Emory. He found another vitamin that I am low on, B6. So he wants to continue supplementation for a while before further testing and is also referring me to a dietician. He did schedule the emg for December but told me to cancel it if my symptoms improve. Just wanted to keep my thread current in case anyone has similar symptoms.

Desha, Hopefully the dietitian will help you resolve your issues.

It'a apparently clear your Neurologist is not concerned with you having ALS as you
wrote that he said,

"He did schedule the emg for December but told me to cancel it if my symptoms improve."

The Neuro has handed you off to a dietitian. It's also apparent he doesn't plan to
see again until you've had (if you have) the EMG.

As you wrote...

" So he wants to continue supplementation for a while before further testing and is also referring me to a dietician." Key words... "for a while before further testing."

That is a Neurologist who is not overly concerned that you have ALS. Probably little concern but...

Ok, there is no need to post anything further (You've covered it all) until you have
had the EMG this December.

Work with the dietitian. We will not need any updates concerning your diet trials.

Last edited:
It is helpful to see there are indeed other answers to symptoms. Vitamin deficiencies can certain cause significant issues. It would be helpful if you could report back when you feel better too so that future readers know you really did get better. Or if another answer is found

Thank you for telling us

Hey guys, I don’t have any updates because my emg isn’t until December, I had no intention of posting before then but I just had a quick question.
Can anyone clarify spasticity to me? I’ve been complaining about my calves feeling very tight every since this ordeal started but recently when something touches my legs when I’m sitting down it causes them to jerk. (Example: my husband will gently pat my leg while we’re watching tv and it’ll cause it to jolt. And sometimes when I make movements that are intended to be small they end up being much larger than anticipated)

I’m just asking because I didn’t know if I should report it to my neuro. I’m unclear on what real spasticity is.

Go to Google. Type in....

Spasticity.

Spasticity related to ALS.

Spasticity related to Anxiety.

It will give you something to do until you have your EMG. Until then....

Thanks. I was trying to avoid getting involved in the google trap. It leads to bad things.

Reliable sources for information...

Spasticity Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments - WebMD

Spasticity Information Page | National Institute of Neurological Studies.

Spasticity - American Association of Neurological Surgeons.

Again, until your have your EMG... cease.

Good reading until then.

Update with question, concerned.

Hi. I tried to post on my old thread but my phone would not load past page one. If they need to be merged I understand!

Basically I have had many symptoms, fasiculations, stiffness and cramping and some low vitamins. Bilateral brisk reflexes. Vitamin levels recently checked and are all back within normal ranges, symptoms continue and continue to worsen.

Neuro was able to have my emg moved up from December 5 to November 20 after being able to see fasiculations in my upper leg. I am losing my mind waiting.

Wanted to ask about this as I’ve read a lot concerning feet with als. My right foot has started cramping often in the arch. It affects my ability to drive because when I flex my foot it cramps. I also have noticed a constant twitch in the arch that I can’t usually feel, but only see. I just wanted to see if anyone thinks this is worrisome or if there could be a benign cause.

Again, I apologize for starting a new thread. I haven’t got a lot of feedback from any of my recent posts (which have only been a few) as one member always tells me to stop posting. I’m just super concerned about this constant twitch on the bottom of my foot that I cannot feel, with subsequent cramping there. I appreciate any insight.

Not sure why it would not allow you. I have merged the posts, as your old one is still open. Regardless of the page you are on, there is a space, if you scroll to the bottom of your page, to post any reply. Just use that if you run into problems again.

Edited to add- you must wait till your EMG to get answers specific to your own symptoms. If you have questions about foot cramps, etc, why not visit with a physio or your doctor to try to mitigate the discomfort? Per the https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html post, cramps/twitching, etc, are not significant unless accompanied by a whole host of other abnormal neurological findings. And the people here can not provide you any sort of info specific to your issues, as we are strangers on the internet and have not examined you in person.

It's not that folks here don't want to help you or are holding back, they simply don't see ALS in what you have posted, but have obviously failed to reassure you. This forum is not a replacement of medical care, a health anxiety resource or general health advice forum, so you must visit with a doctor for any further care. Please carefully reread the "Read Before Posting" and pay special attention to the final paragraphs.

Best of luck with your upcoming EMG. Please post after you have received your results. There is nothing more the forum members here can provide you except repeats of the answers you have received already.

Last edited:
Thank you moderator. I don’t think it’s an issue with the forum as my phone has not been loading pages properly today. I was just unable to get to my old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back