hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas and best Yule tidings all!

Haven't written in a while as my computer went "China Syndrome" on me.

We also got our tree up, lights up and almost got the shopping done. Now all there is to do is sit back, greet the relatives and drink nog! Little dark rum, nutmeg on top...oooh baby!
Taking my family up to William Watson lodge in January. That's a cabin community built in Kannanaskis country nestled in the mountains. Thing is, they're totally wheelchair accessible! You can only stay there if a family member is disabled. Two bedroom cabin with fireplace for $35/night, can't beat it! If anyone wants info about contacting them, let me know.

I hope everyone has the best holiday ever!

Cheers all!

Re:

[quote:bccf595c39="Al"]I can understand someone's not really getting into the Christmas spirit. I try to be cheerful but thoughts of What if this is my last Christmas ? do go through your head even if the doctors tell you you're doing fine. After all as they say we're all different and none of us really knows when our time is up but some of us have an idea that it will be sooner than later. Sorry if I'm discouraging some people but these things I'm sure are going through the minds of at least some of the PALS.
I don't think I'm the only realist on the forum. Don't misunderstand me : I have not and will not give up but there is that little rotten part of this disease that is really crappy and that is losing a good friend to it. It's been a tough week around my house but it's been tougher at my friends house. Hopefuly we will get through it and be more cheerful later on.[/quote:bccf595c39]

I know exactly what you're saying, Al. You put into words (very well, I might add) what most of us feel from time to time.
Just know that the feeling will pass in time. Take 'er one day at a time, brother!

Cheers!

This year my immediate family is spending Christmas with my in-laws, and I have to admit, the idea of "What if this is my dad's last Christmas?" popped into my head. I would never say it outloud, but the thought was there. I even thought what if this is the last Christmas my dad has where he can actually eat and get around. I would hate to miss it. But, then I think that I can't live in fear, and Christmas is just one day. I visit my dad a couple of days a week throughout the year. It is hard to keep the negative thoughts out of your head. I feel like I constantly have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomache ever since my dad got the diagnosis. I don't know if that will ever go away. All I can do is enjoy each day and not look into the future, because with this disease, the future does not look so good.
Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back