Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying for you

Dear Laura,
I am so sorry for all your pain. I am an only child too! So I KNOW how you feel. And bless your heart with being newly married it must be extra stress. My ONLY suggestion is to take it one day at a time. Cherish the litttle moments. Just a few weeks ago my mom could still laugh and smile from time to time. It made me so happy to see her smile. Now she is on so much medication that she is unable to really communicate. So again, enjoy every little thing. I am still in the midst of watching this terrible disease. It seems like a bad dream. You take care of you, don't feel guilty. When you need to cry, cry - when you need to sleep, sleep. I will pray for you as I pray for all the people on this site trying to cope with a tough, tough disease.

me too

Laura,

Yes, this is a great place to go. My family is great but they can only listen so much. When you are the primary person your PALS depends on, it's like you're never "off", you just keep running a marathon. My mom died from pulmonary fibrosis (another nasty one) 4 months ago, and even before that my dad was going downhill quickly but we didn't suspect ALS until almost 2 months later. They're still not sure, but from everything I've read, it is. He was like your mom, full of life and concerned with everyone else. It hurts so bad, I'll be dreaming, and as soon as he comes into the dream I wake up and start worrying again. I was already on an antidepressant and a benzodiazaprine for sleep (I have fibromyalgia) - my doctor says I am probably addicted but we'll worry about that later!

Debbie

Debbie I have fibro too and take immovane very night, it works for me so I'm going to stick with it, it I'm addicted well so be it.
I work with a mnd patient and have gone back on antidepressants, I'm not coping at all with the family situation and I'm not even related!
I feel like curling up into a ball and crying .. sad sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back