Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Murray
Hello everyone my name is Lauren. I've been having some concerning symptoms and I would appreciate any input you would be willing to give me 😊. Approximately 8 months ago I was having some weakness in my left shoulder and arm, I was (and am still) able to perform tasks. I've also had a fascication in my left thumb but I have little twitches all over for as long as I can remember. But now the weakness feels like it has started in my right shoulder and arm. I also have a sort of "pit" in my wrist that appears to be bigger on the left side but it is present in the right wrist as well just not as noticable. Could that be muscle atrophy? I have and appointment with a neurologist in April but I'm really worried! Does this sound anything like ALS? Thank you for your responses, 😀
PS I'm a 30 year old woman

If you are able to perform all the tasks you would normally do then no this isn't als. In als, the nerves die and the muscles fail from atrophy so you can no longer do normal everyday tasks.

Read the stickies over and over again. You are totally overreacting at this point to even think of ALS this early in the game. You wouldn't be able to perform your everyday tasks. Please stay off or Dr. Google. Ask your questions directly to a doctor and don't try to give yourself a fatal diagnosis. You are causing yourself unnecessary anxiety at this point. Come back after you see a doctor and get some tests run. Good luck ! Kim

There are many things that can cause your symptoms. ALS is the last thing to worry about, so relax. Seeing a neurologist is a good idea, but please don't focus on ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back